cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Results from Emailed GW Letter to First PREMIER Bank = )

tag
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

Results from Emailed GW Letter to First PREMIER Bank = )

Mr. MJVBAK

Thank you for your honest and frank letter. I applaud you for your responsible credit management. I am forwarding your letter to our Business Communications department which handles customer inquiries. They will be following up on your request.

Sincerely,

Alan Graff

Alan M. Graff
Vice President, Director of Risk Management
First PREMIER Bank
3820 N. Louise Avenue
Sioux Falls SD 57107

I am keeping my fingers crossed..... I will say that in the very very short time that I have been using this board, I am very hopeful that my credit scores will go up because of the amazing information that is shared by everyone.

When I looked at my credit report I thought, that my situation was hopeless and I would stuck where I was. Hopeless no more!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Results from Emailed GW Letter to First PREMIER Bank = )

I also have a settled account with First Premier Bank back in 2005 and I have a lot of lates reported on there. Can you put up the email you sent to them? Maybe it can work for me too......THANKS
Message 2 of 17
am0108

I am mailing out a GW Letter to First Premier also. I hope we both get great results.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am about to mail out this letter to First Premier and wanted to know what ya'll think.  This account seems to be preventing me from getting some other cards (although I have been approved for plenty of others) because when I ask for recon from some CCC's they point to this account as reason for declination.

MJVBAK - can you post you original letter to Mr Graff here as well?

Here's my letter;

Dear Mr. Graff,

I am writing you today because I have recently begun an intense credit education program, that I initiated myself in order to better understand the credit scoring system and it’s very real impact on every day lives of typical Americans.  As part of this process, I have taken it upon myself to do everything possible to make good on my own credit obligation, both past and present.

During my research, and while cleaning up old obligations that had either been included in a former bankruptcy (since dismissed by my choice so that I could repay all my debts), I ran across an old First Premier credit card account that I had with your company.  This account was opened with First Premier in 1999, was closed in March of 2003, and has a current reported balance of $1117.

Through the credit education process, I have learned that I can amicably address old debt to the mutually beneficial outcome for both me and my creditor.  By this, I mean that your account entry on all 3 credit bureaus is having a damaging effect on my FICO credit scores, and that by closing this debt with you through mutually acceptable payment terms, it is possible for you to collect income on a debt that was likely considered uncollectible, and for me to restore my credit rating by doing the responsible thing in this matter.

I would like to propose an agreement with you, whereby I would pay my account balance with you in full, in exchange for your company deleting all negative entries related to this account on all 3 credit reporting agencies (Experian, TransUnion & Equifax).  This would constitute either a removal of your account entirely, or updating the CRA’s to reflect a Pay Status of “Current, Paid/Closed, Pays As Agreed” with a zero balance, and any late entries removed.

Since the statute of limitations for this debt has expired in Texas, I am aware that while you could place this account with a collection agency, it is uncollectible by Texas state law.  I hope that the goodwill gesture to pay this account with you is a testament to my morals on personal accountability, and that you will take it seriously and respond in kind.

If you agree to the above terms, please prepare a letter on your company letterhead explicitly agreeing to the same terms I have proposed above, and have it signed by a duly authorized representative of First Premier Bank.  It will be implied that this letter shall constitute a legally binding contract, enforceable under the laws of my state.

I am eagerly awaiting your response and I am hopeful that the extension of this olive branch is received and acted upon with goodwill by your company.  Please don’t hesitate to contact me via the mailing address or phone number above, or please feel free to utilize my e-mail address which is xxxx@blah-blah-blah.com.

Message 4 of 17
Mechi99

I hope it works out for you.
09/07/07 EQ 492 EX 485 TU 494
03/17/08 EQ 590 EX 537 TU 572 Goal to be over 625 by December 2008!
09/17/08 EQ 662 EX 656 TU 675
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks..I'll definitely email him now...in my own words of course...and see how it goes...THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!
Message 6 of 17
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

First Premier Bank Card
900 W Delaware Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57104

Mr. Graff:

I am writing a letter about my experience with First Premier Bank Card that is a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning a First Premier Bank Card Credit Card tradeline in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

I received the First Premier Bank Card in 2007. I experienced a severe financial hardship as major unplanned expenses happened, I became disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments with First Premier Bank Card. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with First Premier Bank Card since that time.

To be honest, that year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which -- excluding the First Premier Bank Card late entry -- are excellent. I wish to thank you for renewing your confidence in me and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless.

I are about to shop for a mortgage, and it has come to my attention that the late notations from First Premier Bank Card may preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. Since those notations do not reflect my current status with First Premier Bank Card, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those tradelines. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I sincerely hope that there is redemption at First Premier Bank Card, and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

MJVBAK

****I used a letter on the forum!
Message 7 of 17
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

His reply is not saying that anything will be done, he is just saying the he will forward the information on.

I guess it looks good because if he actually follows through, as the request would be from upper management.

I have my fingers crossed from you all.

Message Edited by MJVBAK on 04-09-2008 03:02 PM
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I could have found this post sooner so I'd knew who to send my letter to First Premier to.  I mailed my letter this morning before 10:00.  But I guess it's not yet too late and I could still send a second copy to this addressee.  Good luck to everyone sending out their letters!
Message 9 of 17
MJVBAK
Regular Contributor

Alan M. Graff
Vice President, Director of Risk Management
First PREMIER Bank
3820 N. Louise Avenue
Sioux Falls SD 57107
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.