Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Protection - Amex & Discover

tag
Ewing3

Return Protection - Amex & Discover

Hello,

First of all, I wasn't sure where this question should go, but I hope I chose correctly. Sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Second of all, I was wondering if anybody had any experience using the return protection programs these cards offer and how that went? The question that has been on my mind most has been that I noticed Amex only covers up to $300 per incident and Discover covers up to $500 per incident, but what if my item cost more than that? If I bought a $400 TV, for example, and for whatever reason I decided I wanted to return it but the store refused to take it back, would Amex give me $300 and expect me to return the TV to them? What usually happens with these programs?

Cards as of 5/13/2014 – Listed in order received – Mouse over for name, limits, and day received

TU FICO via Barclay – 748; Card Carrying Garden Member As of 5/12/2014, Gardening (at least) until early 2015!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
blondy250
Established Contributor

Re: Return Protection - Amex & Discover

Amex will have do you is ship it back to Amex (there insurance division) they will pay the shipping. The item will have to be like new include the receipt and be purchased within the last 30 days. After they receive and inspect the item they'll issue you the statement credit. Also be aware this return protection changes based on which card you have. I've never used the Discover return protection.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.