Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned Mail-Unauthoritize Inquiry

tag
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Returned Mail-Unauthoritize Inquiry

I had an inquiry on my Trans Union report and they told me to contact the company that I was disputing by mail informing the company that I had not authorize this inquiries and I request explanation to why they had place an inquiry on my report.  I followed up with a letter about 4-6 weeks ago which was returned on 2/11/08 as no forwarding address left for the company.  I contacted Trans Union explain what I was told to do and I did and the letter was returned.  The person I spoked stated that their was not anything they could do and that inquiries stay on your report for two years from the date.  I asked for a supervisor and he told me that his supervisor would tell me the same thing.  I ask him if he could tell me the next step I could take with Tran Union to have this remove and he state there is nothing I can do about this.  I the inquiry was place in 4/07 by a debt buying company who bought the debt and the debt was place in BK 7 IN 12/06 AND DISCHARGED IN 3/07.  Why would this company buy this debt or even place a inquiry concerning this acct since it was BK7 AND DC.  By the time the inquiry was pulled the acct was no longer open. I was never in contact with this contact before the BK or during the DC.

Can this be legal?
img src="https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/i
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

Re: Returned Mail-Unauthoritize Inquiry

Is the account related to a medical collection?
Message 2 of 6
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

No, it not a medical acct, it a cc acct.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to send the company a certified letter. wait 30 days and then dispute the inquire with the credit bureau by mail not on the phone. they are obligated by law to verify whatever you are disputing. there are some letters out there that tells you how to go about it. but they should remove it from your credit report if they cant verified the information. good luck
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might help you a little I took this from a website that had help me fix my credit my credit score it went from November last year TU/587 EX/525 Eq/579 to Feb this year TU/633 EX/578 EQ/622. Experian doesnt like me. I I have two Repos and 2 collections but those are for the same repo. The repos are from the year 2000 when I lost my job due to the 9/11 incident. I only have 3 credit cards and one gas card that that the balance in all of them should be from $50 to $0 but they havent reported it yet to the credit bureau. Anyway I hope this can help you. Special Alert - 06/03/02 The credit bureaus are starting to stop the investigation of disputed inquiries. They are telling people via mail and phone that inquiries are just a "statement of fact". What rubbish! Don't take this lying down. The FCRA says that ANY information which is disputed on your credit report MUST be investigated. If they won't investigate, take their written letter to you as evidence they are breaking the law and file a lawsuit in small claims to collect a slam-dunk $1000.
Message 5 of 6
2Bfree
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info and especially the fuel to go forward and not let this just blow over b/c they said what they said.  I will dispute in written tonight and go from there.  I did look back at my more resent revised 1/14/08 report it is showing a different address should I try to contact the company at that address before writing the cra of the different on the non-forwarding address.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.