Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Riddle me this? FICO from 576 to 649?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Riddle me this? FICO from 576 to 649?

Sooo.. I wanted a loan to pay down my wifes medical bills, and other bills. Went to BOA, and told them what my score was. 576, according to Equafax. BOA was a pain in the ass over the last seven years anyway.

I can join a credit union through my company. I went down to the credit union, talked to a very nice woman. Even with the poor score, with the car as collateral they were going to work the loan. She then ran my credit. 649!

She looked through the report, and said it show NO lates. One paid collections account. She said she could NOT print the report for me for whatever reason, but very strange.

The good news is, the loan seems to be no real problem, but I don't get this FICO at all. I know the Equafax is FACKO, but how could it be so off?

I'm going to purchase the three from MyFico tonight. see what that shows.

Thanks
TBR
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Riddle me this? FICO from 576 to 649?

Equifax is FICO.

Are you sure she pulled EQ and not another CRA?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tuscani wrote:
Equifax is FICO.

Are you sure she pulled EQ and not another CRA?

Don't know the CRA. I will ask when I talk to her tomrrow.

The Equafax report I have is from THIS month. It must be another CRA. For one thing we were talking about the collections account. It is inaccurate on the Equafax report. I paid it in 2002. On Equafax it shows a balance of 725.00 or somthing, but her report showed it as 0 balance.

Anyway, very curious. Should I only but the two other scores from MyFICO then?

TBR
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOFA will generally pull Experian and if they pulled different bureaus scores could range that much.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.