Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road Block....Please HELP!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Road Block....Please HELP!!!!!!!

So here's the deal. I had a loan with my bank PNC, and due to some hardships, the account ebded up charged off. PNC back is the baddie, the CA isn't reporting. So when I talked to the CA, although very nice, they tell me over and over that they can not PFD, they can only send me a letter stating that it is paid off. I want to believe this, because they aren't reporting. So today I called the OC, just now actually. Spoke with some representative about the account, told him I already spoke with the CA and told him the situation: I want to pay but I am moving next month and need this deleted to improve my score for appt hunting. He said "We can't delete, only the CRA can delete and it stays in your report for 10 years." So I ask for a manager, and imagine this, the phone gets 'disconnected'. So what do I do, keep calling back, blow this baddie off and work on another cause I have lots....
I take one step forward and fall 10 steps behind, it's soooo frustrating. This is only 400 bucks though. I thought, small enought to pay off and improve my score, but I guess not. Can someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!! What do I do now?????
P.s. Already sent PFD to CA, that's how I got to talking on the phone with them. Need advice after this stage in the game. Thanks again
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Road Block....Please HELP!!!!!!!

Have you tried PFB?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never used PFB before. I tried it just now and after I write the letter and go to go to the last step, I can't get that far. page not found keeps coming up.....Gosh, this is not a good start to my day. Any other suggestions while I keep trying PFB?
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Aside from perisistence, no.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, finally got PFB to work. Thanks. I'll keep trying. If they don't work with me for a PFD, should I just break down and pay the CA, or wait it out and keep bothering them till the SOL or a judgement....What's my best bet?
Message 5 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I wouldn't send a dime without PFD. But it really depends on your goals. Are you just looking for the best score, buying a home, all of the above, ect.?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm moving to Tampa, FL next month. I'm actually going down in a week to search for apartments. I'm afraid my credit score might hinder me from getting a place. I just wanted to clear up what I could now. I stared about a month ago, sending out PFDs and GW's. My GW's so far where a no go, and this was the only response I received so far for the PFDs I sent. I guess I was looking for alittle quick boost in my score. I just wanted to crest the 600 mark before I stared applying down there. I have 583-585 for EQ and TU.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with the OC, 7th time calling, soooo much fun. No go PFD there. Here's what he said:
"Be careful who you get advice from, people don't always know what they're talking about. Once a charged off account is reported on your CR, it's illegal to remove it because the falsifies you score and unless it was wrongfully placed on you  report, we can not remove it. Once it's pain in full or settled, we'll send you a clearance letter stating that you paid it, and that's what lenders need to see; a zero balance.
Gosh, this really sucks. So now if I pay this, is my score going to drop because of recent activity on a charged off account....That's the LAST thing I need right now....
Message 8 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Savings321 wrote:
Just got off the phone with the OC, 7th time calling, soooo much fun. No go PFD there. Here's what he said:
"Be careful who you get advice from, people don't always know what they're talking about. Once a charged off account is reported on your CR, it's illegal to remove it because the falsifies you score and unless it was wrongfully placed on you  report, we can not remove it. Once it's pain in full or settled, we'll send you a clearance letter stating that you paid it, and that's what lenders need to see; a zero balance.
Gosh, this really sucks. So now if I pay this, is my score going to drop because of recent activity on a charged off account....That's the LAST thing I need right now....

LOL, total BS... Ask the person you talked to to cite the part of the FCRA or FDCPA where it says removing something is illegal. Trust me, they won't be able to. They can delete, but simply choose not to. Why? Either they do not understand the law, it's their company policy not to, or they have a no delete agreement with the CRA(s). I believe the no delete agreement is a fallacy. I have only heard of this "agreement" and believe it is used as an excuse for lazy creditors.

FYI.. Paying it off doesn't not mean your score will drop.. but it could. Just depends.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.