Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rookie on the Forums

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rookie on the Forums

Hello and good day, folks. It is Nathan from the St. Louis, MO Region. I didn't see a formal place to post introductions, so if I am not in the correct place, gimme a swift kick it the proper direction.  Smiley Happy 

I have spent a lot of time reviewing existing posts and trying to learn the ways of the FICO followers. I am coming back from a dark place, credit-ly speaking. BK was DC in September of 2015. Since that time I watched my score go from 520 to 598..  Not too bad I suppose considering I never had a clue that "Credit Worthiness" was important.

Now that I know better, I am working to be 650+ score in the next 12 months... However, I am don't want to add to my "hard Inquires" list... it is 13 companies long Smiley Sad

I made the stupid choice of using a car dealership to try and trade to a cheaper vehicle (before repo) and they ran the inquiry against 10 lenders. Ticked me off because I wasn't aware that they were going to make that many inquires. They were made in Feb of 2015 and will stick around for another year. 

I have been working with Creditkarma.com and have 2 incorrectly reported accounts removed from my CR and 3 from DW CR. Just working on breaking 600.

Anyway, that is an overview of me and mine. Thanks for reading my posts. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Rookie on the Forums

Welcome to the forums.

Yore on the right path and good luck in the future on your efforts to repair your credit.  Make sure you visit some of the other sub forums like Rebuilding Your Credit.  Lots of great advice there and on the other forums.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Rookie on the Forums

The multiple inquiries for auto loan shopping all show in your CR, but FICO understands the rate shopping for auto and mortgage loans, and is onlyy counting them as a single inquiry in their scoring.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.