Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running your credit

tag
TheFate
Established Contributor

Running your credit

When a lender runs a hard pull on your report will they see your current balance on other cards or your last reported balance? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Running your credit

@TheFate wrote:

When a lender runs a hard pull on your report will they see your current balance on other cards or your last reported balance? 

Last reported.

Message 2 of 6
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@TheFate wrote:

Last reported.

That's what I thought. Do you think dropping a balance from 16% to 9% makes a huge difference score wise? The card won't report for another 2 weeks and I wanted the best deal on this new loan but I'm not sure I can wait the 2 weeks especially if its not gonna make a huge difference

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on your credit profile. If you have only 2-3 cards. It will make a significant difference. Especially if you're letting multiple cards report balances. 

Let only 1 card report the smallest balance possible and all others at $0.  Back when I only had 2 cards. $52 on 2 cards was a 40 point loss from 1 card at $2.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFate wrote:

Whatever is reported on file at the credit bureau at the time of the pull.

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

^ This.  Current balances are not pulled when a report is pulled.

When you pull your own reports you can see that the balances are not as of the date that the report was pulled.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.