Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SANTANDER

tag
sweetness50
Established Member

SANTANDER

Can someone please help, SANTANDER,   I had a loan with Triad  Financial well over 10yrs ago it was a repo in 2002 it was off my credit until Sept 2010,  SANTANDER put it back on there so is that aloud it is well over 7yrs.    

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: SANTANDER

No.  If the DoFD is 2002 and you never brought the loan current again, it should have been off your report sometime in 09 or 2010.  It would depend on what month the DoFD is.

For example:  If the DoFD is Oct 2002, it would come off your report between Oct 2009 and Apr 2010.

Does your CR show a DoFD with Santanders TL?

Message 2 of 11
sweetness50
Established Member

No it does not it just has date open 8/2000 and a balance and reported date.

Message 3 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@sweetness50 wrote:

No it does not it just has date open 8/2000 and a balance and reported date.

You don't say where you got your credit report but reports from third party sites often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com Experian and Transunion will have the drop off dates. The Equifax report will show the actual DoFD. At least IME (In My Experience).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

s Re: SANTANDER

If it was repo'd in 2002, the latest the DOFD could be was also in 2002.  First default must have preceded closing he acount and doing a repo.  Adding 7 years plus 180-days to the DOFD, the latest it would apparently remain in your CR would be around 6/2010.  Your 9/2010 date for earlier CR deletion  thus looks pretty accurate.

If a CA is now appearing in your CR, one of two things would be amiss.  Either your DOFD was updated, or the CRA improperly calculated the CR fall-off date.

The party who should have reported the proper DOFD to the CRA was the OC, Triad Financial, under the requirements of FCRA 623(a)(5).  The CA should not have been able to reset the DOFD.

If you know that the account was closed and the property was repo'd in 2002, that is a very strong case for DOFD being no later than 2002.

I would file a complaint under FCRA 605(a) and (c) with the CRA for improper inclusion of the CA in your CR.  They have access to the DOFD of record in your credit file, and should tell you, in response to your complaint, if their calculation warrents continued CR inclusion.

Message 5 of 11
sweetness50
Established Member

Re: s Re: SANTANDER

Ok, Thank you but my loan was not with SANTANDER  they must have bought loans from Triad Financial. But i will look to see when was the last DOFD. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sweetness50 wrote:

Can someone please help, SANTANDER,   I had a loan with Triad  Financial well over 10yrs ago it was a repo in 2002 it was off my credit until Sept 2010,  SANTANDER put it back on there so is that aloud it is well over 7yrs.    

Santander is famous for illegally reaging accounts.

The good news is that once you slap them upside the head they will remove it.  Personally, just to teach them a lesson, I'd sue them.

Message 7 of 11
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

I know this doesn't help the OP's situation, but I just thought I'd chime in and say that Santander is horrible.  I had my first car loan through Road Loans years ago.  Santander bought them out (Triad) and made my life a living hell through selling it and reporting erroneous information.  Hopefully your situation turns out okay.  

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 8 of 11
JonStur
Established Contributor

I hate Santander!!!! Wrecked an automobile owned by Triad and settled for a pay-off amount in 2003. Fast forward to 2009 I see a derogatory on my report from Santander. I say to myself who the heck are you?? I contact them, and after informing me that I owe a loan from Triad, I explained the situation. They say prove it was paid off. This was six years ago, I've moved several times,can't find agreement letter. Of course after they did their "research" surprise, they couldn't find the CSR rep I dealt with. DOFD on acct is 2000 and now I have a major derogatory. I hate Santander!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 11
sweetness50
Established Member

I understand i was looking over my CR and my loan was a charge off it was deleted in 2009 ok Santander put it back on in 2010.. So looking at my CR from 2006-2010 So my concern is she i contact them my balance is around 4100.00? Or should i just go ahead dispute it with credit bureau. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.