Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBA Disaster Loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SBA Disaster Loans?

Hi there,

I'm in need of a little information, and I can't really find anything of substance. I was hurt pretty badly by Hurricane Harvey; No sob story, but I lost my vehicle, most of my clothing and personal belongings, and, well, everything else I managed to fit. It's a massive loss, especially considering I also lost my job. I have since managed to find new employment, and I have applied for a disaster loan through the Small Business Association for homeowners. I've already worked with the inspection officer, but now I'm waiting to hear from the loan officer, who has final say over matters, and I worry about how it might go, because I really sorely need the help.

My current standing; 4 credit cards, 2 secured, one unsecured, all for around $500 in credit limit. I was at roughly 66% utilization last month, much higher now that I'm sinking. I have a 120+ day late on my student loans, which were closed and refinanced and have been in good standing since March of 2016. I'm currently attending college, so I'm not making payments at the moment, either. I also have a small installment loan that I keep up to diversify my credit lines a little bit. The credit cards and loan have been open since July 2016-ish, and I'm at roughly 1 year AAOA. I do have one collection on my reports, and it's a medical collection for $1700, from June of 2016. 

Does anyone with experience in this kind of loan have any advice? I know they try to work with you, but I worry that I haven't proved myself credit-worthy for long enough to matter, and I'm quite worried.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.