Valued Member
motoracer

SL "lates" help

I havent defaulted on 2 sallie mae SL's but I have some late pays on there,,,they wont give me any GW anyone have any other suggestions on how to remove the "late pays"
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: SL "lates" help

SM will not delete accurate reporting. The goverment makes them report factually no matter what. I have NEVER heard of a GW letter working with SM. Sorry!
Valued Member
motoracer

If I were to consalidate the loans with a Private company do you think I could get them off that way?
Valued Contributor
Boswd

Nope they will be on there until they expire.  Trust me I know first hand.     That's why I truly think defaulting on a student loan is right next to BK in terms of it's effects.
Frequent Contributor
jenkins

[ Edited ]
i have a loan through salliemae and they are attempting to work with me however its due to the fact that my payments were late while i was in military basic training.  I heard back from them today after i sent in a GW letter and they asked for me to send them a copy of the credit report showing this and we will go from there.  I am mailing that out and hoping that it will be enough for them to remove it, i mean i couldnt exactly make a payment with my face in the dirt getting yelled at :smileysad:

i

Message Edited by jenkins on 06-25-2007 01:42 PM

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Boswd wrote:
Nope they will be on there until they expire.  Trust me I know first hand.     That's why I truly think defaulting on a student loan is right next to BK in terms of it's effects.

YES, very, very true!:smileymad:
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

motoracer wrote:
If I were to consalidate the loans with a Private company do you think I could get them off that way?

Nope. That approach has been tried many times.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+