cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO Annoyed! My score dropped over 60 points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SO Annoyed! My score dropped over 60 points!

So my auto loan got transfered to a new lender in March. When the original lender transfered it they did not transfer my last payment but I faxed a the new lender a copy of the check showing it was cashed and it was fine.

WELL yesterday I pull my credit reports and there is the new lender reporting 30 days late!!! Fuming I called them and said what is going i have NEVER been late. The rep said "oh I dont know why they did that, that's odd I will submit a request for the late to be removed but it will take sometime ( a week or two) because it has to be approved by a manager." I am concerned because the last time something had to be "approved by a manager" it got lost.

SO between the new tradeline and the 30day late mark my credit scores went down over 60 points!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sl
Established Contributor

Re: SO Annoyed! My score dropped over 60 points!

I would call them back and ask for the manager and tell them you demand action.  I am a firm believer of when you need something taken care of, bypass the csr and go directly to the decision maker.

Good luck.
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

But at least it sounds as thopugh you have the ability to get it cleared up relatively easily.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
jandj
New Contributor

This exact thing just happened to my husband's score when we refinanced his motorcycle.  The company ended up reporting it correctly after about a month, but his score only went up about 2/3 of what it had gone down....SUCKS!
Message 4 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

jandj wrote:
This exact thing just happened to my husband's score when we refinanced his motorcycle.  The company ended up reporting it correctly after about a month, but his score only went up about 2/3 of what it had gone down....SUCKS!

But he also had some credit pulls and a new loan, whcih might have changed his score
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So my auto loan got transfered to a new lender in March. When the original lender transfered it they did not transfer my last payment but I faxed a the new lender a copy of the check showing it was cashed and it was fine.
WELL yesterday I pull my credit reports and there is the new lender reporting 30 days late!!! Fuming I called them and said what is going i have NEVER been late. The rep said "oh I dont know why they did that, that's odd I will submit a request for the late to be removed but it will take sometime ( a week or two) because it has to be approved by a manager." I am concerned because the last time something had to be "approved by a manager" it got lost.
SO between the new tradeline and the 30day late mark my credit scores went down over 60 points!
UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes- call back
Make sure they know they will be responsible for punitive damages for this incorrect reporting.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I look at it this way. Their error. As long as it remains on your credit report you have the right to call back as many times as you want. Speak to anyone and everyone. You can have a letter faxed to you with in a few hours for you to fax to the CRA's as a back up. This problem should be cleared up in less than 35 days if they fail to do it this week. :-)

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 06-13-2007 09:07 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.