Frequent Contributor
jenkins

SO my wife was contacted by a debt consolidation company

I was told to stay away from these things.  I was basically told what they do for you, you can do for yourself.  The are telling her to pull her credit report and send it to them along with $200 a month and they will 'fix' her credit.  As she is telling me this i say hey give me $200 a month and your credit report and let me go to work :smileyhappy: but seriously arent these companies a rip off?  or are they worth the money?

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
dog

Re: SO my wife was contacted by a debt consolidation company

mrs. jenkins should run...as fast as she can...in the opposite die-rec-shun of that thar' company....preferably with both hands covering her butt....
Frequent Contributor
jenkins

haha i told her give me 200 a month and ill do it for her, just made this post to show her what others would say about it!

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

jenkins wrote:
they will 'fix' her

I extracted out the pertinent part where they told the truth.

They can fix ya alright. Like a neutered cat.

Moderator Emeritus
masdeocho

If you have to pay them on a monthly basis, how long will it take them to "fix" it? I don't think they are going to be in a hurry to do it in one month, or three, or six, or a year.  Meanwhile, you will have paid $200, $600, $1200, or $2400 -- and none of that goes to paying down the debt.  Keep your money, follow the suggestions on these forums, and DIY for free.  Good luck!
-----------------
Bartender, bring another round of FICOtinis please!

9.4.2011: TU 805. EQ 815.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+