cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOFI Loan Funding Time???

tag
mickeyk9

Re: SOFI Loan Funding Time???

23 calendar days and counting...  Smiley Very Happy I wonder if it's traveling by stage coach!

2005 TU Starting Score: 515
Current TU: 735
Goal: 825
3 kids, too many expenses!!!
Message 11 of 29
cgabriel

Yeah, they do take a while. I was just funding on the 13th and it took >29< days. So, hang in there.

EX: 746 | TU:731 | EQ:750 | GOAL: 750
DiscoverIT: 18.9K|AMEX Blue Sky: 13.4K|Barclay Arrival Plus: 11.9K|PenFed Platinum Rewards: 31K|DCU PLatinum: 10K|CapOne Venture: 3K|NFCU cashRewards: 25K| PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Amex: 14K

Message 12 of 29
Lawlover2
Contributor

I am still waiting today too...  I IM'd them again and asked what happened if it was not funded by my payment due date (Aug 1) and she said that shouldn't happen but if it were to happen, my due date would be moved to 9/1.  I never imagined it would take this long.  

Message 13 of 29
mickeyk9

26 calendar days and counting..   I would like to talk to the nice young lady who called the day I signed my packet to verify my information.  She said "we usually fund our loans in 7 to 10 days"...  something tells me that's not the case anymore  Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 29
Lawlover2
Contributor

I am still waiting too - a friendly call or an email just to let us know everything will actually happen soon would be very nice.  This has been a lonnnnnggg wait.  They originally said by the 22nd.  So, I will continue waiting.  

Message 15 of 29
mickeyk9

Another 24 hours of crickets chirping with sofi...  I contacted sofi customer support yesterday just to see if they could provide any updates and the rep said they had no information on loan funding.  Just to wait for 30 days and then contact them again if not funded...  which was a bit of a troublesome answer imo.  So here we are, 27 or so days from signing the packet, 2 months from starting the initial application process.

I think the company should revisit how they set expectations with their customers.  They told me "7 to 10 days was the norm to fund an approved loan, but it could take up to 30 days"....  Might be wise to drop the "7 to 10 days is the norm" expectation and just use the 30 days... Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 29
Lawlover2
Contributor

Same here. Tomorrow is the day they kept saying I should receive funding by... I'm not holding my breath at this point.
Message 17 of 29
Lawlover2
Contributor

I just received a text message that my loan has funded. I don't see the funds in my account yet but hopefully they will be there when I log on tomorrow! And I actually received a very nice email from them this afternoon saying that if my funding occurred less than 15 days prior to my due date, my due date would be moved back 1 month. They also apologized for the delay and said they have changed procedures so as to prevent any delays like this in the future. I'll update tomorrow with regards to actually receiving the funds.
Message 18 of 29
cgabriel

@Lawlover2 wrote:
I just received a text message that my loan has funded. I don't see the funds in my account yet but hopefully they will be there when I log on tomorrow! And I actually received a very nice email from them this afternoon saying that if my funding occurred less than 15 days prior to my due date, my due date would be moved back 1 month. They also apologized for the delay and said they have changed procedures so as to prevent any delays like this in the future. I'll update tomorrow with regards to actually receiving the funds.

Nice. I received the same notifications the day before the funds showed up in my account.

EX: 746 | TU:731 | EQ:750 | GOAL: 750
DiscoverIT: 18.9K|AMEX Blue Sky: 13.4K|Barclay Arrival Plus: 11.9K|PenFed Platinum Rewards: 31K|DCU PLatinum: 10K|CapOne Venture: 3K|NFCU cashRewards: 25K| PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Amex: 14K

Message 19 of 29
Appleman
Valued Contributor

The waiting is the hardest part......

Now the fun part is paying off whatever it is you wanted to pay off!

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.