cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL, Date Of Last Activity - How long on credit report?

tag
buskels
Valued Member

SOL, Date Of Last Activity - How long on credit report?

I had gotten into a bind several years ago but payed everything off in 2008.  I recently pulled all of my reports and have a question as to when I can expect some items to fall off the reports.   I read somewhere that accounts reporting "Paying as agreed" can stay on report 10 years.  I've read that date of first deliquency is a factor as well as date of last activity.  I'm a total novice to this and just trying to find out info.

All of these accounts were closed before I paid in full.  The auto loan was paid off late.  One credit card went to collections and the estimated date that is should be removed is indicated.  The others don't indicate that on any of the 3 reports. I'm in Georgia - not sure if that matters but including just in case.  

Can anyone give me an idea on how long these will stay on my report and the effect they still have on my score?  I took these from an Equifax report but perhaps there are fields on one of the others that I should have included. 

An insight is greatly appreciated.

The items are below:

Credit Card 1Credit Card 2Credit Card 3Auto
Date Opened:11/1/20043/1/20045/1/20012/1/2002
Date Reported:7/1/20087/1/20083/1/20086/1/2007
Date of Last Payment: 03/200802/200804/2007
Date Major Delinquency First Reported:03/2007   
Date Closed: 03/200605/200604/2007
Date of First Delinquency:07/2006NANANA
Current Status: PAYS AS AGREEDPAYS AS AGREEDPAYS AS AGREED
Date of Last Activity:NA03/200802/200804/2007
Activity Description:NAPaid and ClosedPaid and ClosedPaid and Closed
CommentsPaid collection, Account closed by credit grantorAccount closed by credit grantorAccount closed by credit grantor 
Estimated month and year this item will be removed:06/2013   

Starting Score: 689 (Feb 2013)
Current Score: 743
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: SOL, Date Of Last Activity - How long on credit report?

The basics are that individual adverse items of information reported on an account cannot remain in your CR after the passage of its individual exclusion period.

They are based on the date of occurence of the adverse item, not the date they were reported or the date of any later reporting of other activity on the account.

Ignore date of last activity with respect to the exclusion date of any item.

Credit card 1:

If the debt collector reported a collection on the OC account, then the collection must be excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency on the OC account.  Card 1 shows a DOFD of 7/2006.  Thus, it must be excluded from your credit report no later than 1/2014.  The CRAs will often show an expected exclusion date of a few months earlier to ensure they dont go past the max statutory period....ergo, their estimated date of 6/2013.

The other accounts:

Payment or non-payment of the debt, or status of open or closed, has no bearing upon the date of exclusion of adverse items reported under the account.

I presume these each had reported monthly delinquencies, not shown, which would each have a credit report exclusion date of no later than 7 years after their individual dates of delinquency.  These accounts dont show a DOFD as the credtior never did a charge-off or referred the debt for collection.

Thus, any DOFD on those accounts is immaterial unless the creditor also reported a charge-off.  That does not appear to be the case.

Message 2 of 6
buskels
Valued Member

I presume these each had reported monthly delinquencies, not shown, which would each have a credit report exclusion date of no later than 7 years after their individual dates of delinquency. 

Just trying to be clear: 

One card had a 60 day late in March 2007.  Does this mean the account would still be on the report BUT the 60 day late would disappear around March 2014?

Any idea on when these would fall off of the report completely?

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Each late will fall off 7 years from its  occurence.  When the last one comes off the account can become positive again and report for up to 10 years from the date closed.

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Exactly.

The FCRA does not regulate or require the deletion of OC accounts in any fashion based on their age.

As a matter of fact, the FCRA does not require the deletion of anything from a consumer's credit file as the result only of any passage of time.

The account, along with all of its reporting, remains in the consumer's credit file.

Once an adverse item has passed its credit report exclusion date, the CRA is prevented from including that item in an credit report they issue.

While it is common to refer to credit report exclusion as a deletion, which it is for purposes of others seeing it, nothing is really deleted from the consumer's credit file.

OC accounts themselves are only deleted in one of two ways.  Either the creditor reports its deletion to the CRA, or the account has been closed for approx 10 years, at which time the CRAs have an arbitrary procedure to delete dead accounts as an internal housekeeping measure.

Message 5 of 6
buskels
Valued Member

Thanks for the responses.  Totally understand now.  

Sadly, the one that I thought was the worst (the one sent to collections) will disappear sooner than the ones that were paid without going to collections.  Logic in that just seems flawed.  Oh well.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.