Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL Expired Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL Expired Letter

Do you think a Letter like this is ok to send. The debt is past SOL and to old to report with the CRA.

Today's Date

Your Name
Your Address

Collector's Name
Collector's Address

RE: [insert account number or name of account or name of debt]:

Dear [insert collector's name or company name],

This letter is in response to your [letter dated xx-xx-2005] (copy enclosed) or [phone call on xx-xx-2005], concerning the collection of the above referenced [account or date].

I do not believe I owe what you say I owe therefore I dispute this debt. I am well aware of my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and my state laws so I hope to save both of us a great deal of time by letting you know that not only do I dispute the validity of this debt, I have also checked with my State Attorney General and verified that the Statute of Limitations for enforcing this type of debt through the courts in (insert your state or the state in which the contract was signed) has expired. Therefore, should you decide to pursue this matter in court I intend to inform the court of my dispute of this debt and that the "statute of limitations" has expired.

This letter is your formal notification that I consider this matter closed and demand that you, or anyone affiliated with your company, stop contacting me regarding this or any other matter except to advise me that your debt collection efforts are being terminated or that you or the creditor are taking specific actions allowed by the FDCPA or my state laws.

Be advised that I consider any contact not in accordance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act a serious violation of the law and will immediately report any violations to my State Attorney General, to the Federal Trade Commission and, if necessary, take whatever legal action is necessary to protect myself. Be advised that I tape record all phone calls and violations of the FDCPA can result in you or your company being personally fined up to $1,000 per incident.

Printed Name

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL Expired Letter

Alos should this be my first correspondance with the company or would you DV the debt just to have the information on file?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds good to me!!!
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rockjock wrote:
Alos should this be my first correspondance with the company or would you DV the debt just to have the information on file?

When you say to late to report CR....you do know that this is 7 years past DOFD     correct?

Have you disputed CRA?      or did you just get a letter?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:

Rockjock wrote:

When you say to late to report CR....you do know that this is 7 years past DOFD     correct?

Have you disputed CRA?      or did you just get a letter?

I waited a long 7 years for this to fall off before I knew anything about credit reporting or scores. So yes I know it is over 7 years. They an attorneys office called me the other day asking me to settle it. I told them to send me a letter and that I would not communicate over the phone. They sent me one offering a settlement. I was planning to send a DV letter but liked this a little better.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

love it     go get em!!!!!  just send the letter  CMRRR
Message 6 of 8
future
Frequent Contributor

keep us updated on the outcome. sounds like to me you also have a sample letter for the forumSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Looks good!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.