Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL Question

I'm slightly confused on the subject of SOL. Is the SOL date starting from the date the negative item was reported or from the DOLA? Also, does the SOL date mean the deadline for them suing or the date the item should no longer be shown on your report. (Pretty sure its the date they can no longer sue. However, I've read so many threads I'm confusing myself)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL Question

neened wrote:
I'm slightly confused on the subject of SOL. Is the SOL date starting from the date the negative item was reported or from the DOLA? Also, does the SOL date mean the deadline for them suing or the date the item should no longer be shown on your report. (Pretty sure its the date they can no longer sue. However, I've read so many threads I'm confusing myself)

SOL is state statue....time limit in which a lawsuit can be filed. Not just th eyear  they can sue up until the last day of the month stated.

Most states go by DOLA........some might go by DOFD

SOL and CRTP
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got through reading the two articles linked above. The second thread last paragraph says that lawsuits usually happen in the place that you live. Is it possible to dispute if the lawsuit happened 1300miles away from where you live? You've probably read on my other posts there is a tricky situation I'm dealing with now. The balance owed is minimal and I would have no problem paying, its just that I feel like they were acting kinda sneaky. My overall view on this bill is that I will pay if in fact the bill is mine. However, I want to have this item removed from my report somehow!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether SOL  is DOLA or DOFD varies by state - email your state AG and ask.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 12-30-2007 11:36 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.