Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOL on Midland

tag
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

SOL on Midland

I was just going over my CR an noticed that the DOLA on this account was December 2000.  SOL in CT is 7 years shouldn't this be removed from my account?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SOL on Midland

The SOL does not determine how long the CRA can report it only determins how long a company can sue. However if the DOLA is 12/2000 then it is right at the time for it to come off according to the FCRA any way so it  should be falling off either this month or next.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

SOL in Ct. is 6 years and it goes by DOLA. There is NO SOL on hospital bills.

CRTP is 7-7.5 years.

Dispute it with the CRAs that are reporting as * obsolute*  too old to report.

Keep all hard copies of CRs for your protection in the future!
Message 3 of 6
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Does this apply to all accounts such as CC because there are quite a few that should be taken off because they have hit 6 years..  If so I have a lot of disputing to do,  according to my reports there are like 5 or 6 accounts that will be hitting 7 years in the next 4 to 5 months should I be disputing them as to old to report?
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

No, SOL just refers to when you can't be sued for a debt. It has nothing to do with how long stuff stays on your report.

Derogatories stay on your report from 7 to 7 1/2 years after they happened; think it's 10 years on BK's.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

you are confusing CRTP with SOL.

SOL  is state statue of limitations........how many years does a crediter have to file a lawsuit against you.

CRTP...federal law....has to do with CR   when what gets dropped from CR and when

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.