Regular Contributor

SOL

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
loubee
Regular Contributor

Re: SOL

HI ALL
Can anyone tell me when how sol is determined, is it the state the credit is from, the state you lived in when credit was applied for or is it where the credit was defaulted on,

for example we had a car loan
applied and approved while stationed in UK, through pfcu
then moved to hawaii then moved to ohio
defaulted and repo happened in 2001 in ohio

which state is SOL state for this? thxxxxxxxxxxx
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

loubee wrote:
HI ALL
Can anyone tell me when how sol is determined, is it the state the credit is from, the state you lived in when credit was applied for or is it where the credit was defaulted on,

for example we had a car loan
applied and approved while stationed in UK, through pfcu
then moved to hawaii then moved to ohio
defaulted and repo happened in 2001 in ohio

which state is SOL state for this? thxxxxxxxxxxx

Every state set their own SOL. Most go by DOLA. A creditor may decide to file suit in the state that you live OR in the atate where you were living when they extended you credit.

Hard to say....the Ohio SOL is hard to follow....I think it would be 6 years in both states

simple SOL

More detailed SOL
Message 3 of 5
loubee
Regular Contributor

thx happy

ive got some reading to do,
I did post on here the other day but got know response to this question

I called EX and asked about this account and another that I am an AU they said I could oviouly get out of the AU account,  on the REPO from pfcu I asked her if she could tell me when this would be removed from my account she said I called dispute/investigate this I said yes she said back with me in 30/45 days with response, I am worried now that ive opened a big can of works o this account now, as I just got a alert from true credit saying new accoount opened  and its PFCU, but this account is already on my reports? do you think ive stopped on my own head for want of a better term lol
Message 4 of 5
loubee
Regular Contributor

oh and happy we now live in FLORIDA,
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.