Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP vs HP, as shown on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SP vs HP, as shown on CR

I'm sure this is a silly question; however, I'm going to ask it anyway Smiley Wink

I understand the differences between a SP and a HP... And, I understand that SP are only visible to me (not a creditor) when I pull my reports.  My question is this:  How do I know which inquiries, on my report are HP vs SP??  If it matters, I'm looking at my reports through CCT.

Thanks, in advance, for all of your help!!  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: SP vs HP, as shown on CR

IIRC you can only see soft pulls when pulling just a report -- not using a monitoring service -- directly with a CRA.  Keep in mind that a monitoring service is a middleman accessing your report data versus you direclty obtaining a report from each CRA (even though CCT is an Experian company).

Here's a link to a sample report on Experian's site.  Hard pulls are "Requests Viewed By Others".  Soft pulls are "Requests Viewed Only By You".

https://www.experian.com/credit_report_basics/pdf/samplecreditreport.pdf

Message 2 of 6
elim
Senior Contributor

All of the inquiries you see on CCT are HP's.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent - thank you, both, so much!!  Glad I wasn't just losing my mind!! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The site at annualcreditreport.com was established with FTC approval as the means for the big-3 CRAs to meet their free anuual credit report requirment.

It is, by definition, restricted only to a consumer pulling their own report, and thus can show sott inquiries.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!  Very helpful information!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.