cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SS# required for AU account to go on CR?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: SS# required for AU account to go on CR?

They use an algorithm that associates personal information fields with the highest liklihood of producing a unique identification, such as full name plus current address, etc.

They prefer an SSN, as it is (supposedly) a unique personal identifier that is associated with only one consumer.

If no SSN is provided, they attempt a unique identification using multiple matching identifiers......

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an authorized user on my moms barclays card and they did not ask for the SSN and it does report to all 3 bureaus.
Message 12 of 20
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Hoiw long does it take to report an AU?  I added my friend to one of my Cap 1 cards a week before the statement closed.  CK is showing the account updated for this month on my reports but she doesn't see it on her reports. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 13 of 20
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

It should be there since it's reported since you added her. Maybe she pulled her reports a little too early?
Message 14 of 20
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I had her check her CK after I saw the accounts updated on mine. 

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 15 of 20
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Her updating might lag behind yours. Give it a little longer
Message 16 of 20
ecb
New Contributor

I was interested in knowing how long it takes for cap 1 to report as well

Message 17 of 20
ecb
New Contributor

Message 18 of 20
masscredit
Valued Contributor

My account posted to her report a few days after it updated on mine.  We haven't seen her real FICO scores yet but her CreditKarma went up 95 points (600-695).  I know her real scores won't be that high but hoping for at least 20-30 points. Have to wait for DCU to update at the end of the month and Discover soon.

I just added her to my two Barclay accounts.  Those statements close tomorrow. They didn't ask for her SS # but did ask for her address so that's probably how they will match the accounts to the right person.  I'll update the post when I know what happens. 

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 19 of 20
ecb
New Contributor

Thanks for the update
!!!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.