Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSN in GW letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: SSN in GW letter?

Ok so that's a negative on that GW letter!

I got a letter back from them today and here's a bit of what it says:

Our records indicate that the information appearing on your credit report is correct. If you wish to add a brief statement of explanation to your file, you may contact the consumer reporting agencies to whom we report your account information. This will become part of your credit record, which they retain.

The agencies we report are ...

The account has been reported as disputed to the credit bureaus.

Please allow 30 days ...

What the H***??!! Smiley Mad How can they dispute to the CRAs for me. I have heard a bunch of people say that they have received a score drop due to disputes. Well about a week ago, my score dropped 13 points for almost no reason!

Do you know if this drop is ever recup'ed? How long? Also, if I contact the CRAs, am I allowed to remove the comment that says "Customer disputes this item." Does that return the points that I think I lost because of this?

Whole lotta questions!
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh the other question I have is what other options do I have? I used a simliar letter to Tuscani's example.
Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
What the H***??!! Smiley Mad How can they dispute to the CRAs for me. I have heard a bunch of people say that they have received a score drop due to disputes. Well about a week ago, my score dropped 13 points for almost no reason!

Do you know if this drop is ever recup'ed? How long? Also, if I contact the CRAs, am I allowed to remove the comment that says "Customer disputes this item." Does that return the points that I think I lost because of this?
Whole lotta questions!

They did the same to me after I tried to GW them with the online contact function. I found out when all three scores jumped 25 points. If only it were real!!!!

For now, I'm just going to sit and wait and see what happens. Maybe there will be a miracle and the 30-day will come off. Maybe they'll add 6 more lates on, and then I will REALLY dispute. Once the dispute closes, if I don't love the result, I can write a letter to the CEO through Planet Feedback, telling him that I never disputed, and WTH? I can always copy/ paste my e-mails and their bizarre responses.

I swear, I don't think humans are involved any more. I think they're running stuff through word recognition software, and when it sees the word "late," it thinks you're disputing. Smiley Tongue

In the meantime, I just avert my eyes when my scores pop up. I don't want to get attached to them. It will make me all the sadder when they go back down where they're supposed to be.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.