Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STAMPS.COM...eKKK! -IT'S RESOLVED!!!-

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: STAMPS.COM - eKKK! Need HELP!

Smartcookie - thanks a million for the letter! It's perfect. I will send it tonight - however, I'm wondering if it would be better to send confirmed via snail mail. From their website it seems they handle no customer service issues online....hmmm...

Stay tuned all!
Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

e-mail sent - stay tuned as the saga continues...
Message 12 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

FAKO : TU 761 -- EX 728 -- EQ 741
FICO: TU 763 -- EQ 728

Hey, scores fixed? File re-merged??
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup - i posted a thank you and update under "OHH HAPPY DAY" in this forum and I posted another update re: my USAA MC in "CREDIT CARDS"! check it out!
Message 14 of 25
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

I REALLY like the tone of this sample letter, and of Sylviatob's. Project that tone of mild surprise that they have made this mess, and your calm expectation that they will clean it up properly. No drama. It's also possible, depending on what info they have on you, that the g.mail address (or whatever it is) is a complete dead end. But I would have troubled sleep, waiting for them to hunt me down.

Who knows if a human is even involved? This could be HAL, back on Earth and set to a new task.

Thanks for the thumbs up haulingthescoreup.  Smiley Wink
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 15 of 25
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

pjriverap wrote:
Smartcookie - thanks a million for the letter! It's perfect. I will send it tonight - however, I'm wondering if it would be better to send confirmed via snail mail. From their website it seems they handle no customer service issues online....hmmm...

Stay tuned all!

Very welcome, hope you got it to your liking and it works.  I see you've emailed it and that is what I recommend as a start.  Give it a few days tops to hear back.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go figure - this is what I got back today:

"Thank you for contacting Stamps.com Customer Care.

We apologize for the misunderstanding. We pulled up your account records
and we do not show a previous cancellation request via Customer Care.
At this time, we show that your account is still active and incurring
monthly charges. Do you have a cancellation confirmation number?

We do not show any previous attempts to cancel your account through our
Customer Care phone support channel. Due to account security and privacy
reasons, we will not be able to meet your request for cancellation via
e-mail. By calling in, you will receive a cancellation confirmation
number.

In order for us to assist you, please contact one of our Customer Care
Representatives by calling our toll-free number at 1-888-434-0055
(select option 2). Our operating hours are Monday through Friday, 6AM to
6PM Pacific Time.

We appreciate the opportunity to offer you Stamps.com's complete mailing
solution.

Sincerely,

David
Customer Care Representative
Stamps.com PC Postage Group"

I feel like an idiot for not keeping that cancellation number (but it was sooo long ago - goes to show you: keep records forever)! I guess I'll have to call them...I'm not looking forward to it! Especially, after hearing how this has happened to others on other forums.....
Message 17 of 25
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Yeah I am not liking what I am reading on the net about them pjriverap.  Mucho complaints to BBB!

Looks like they don't take any cancellations by email, which means that when you cancelled it must have been over the phone originally.

Might be a bit of a fight with them unfortunately but has to be done.  I would say go ahead and call, but the other part of me says write them back and say cancelling with that number after being on hold for hours is what caused them to screw this up in the first place.  Don't verify any old CC info to them.

Crossing fingers.  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by SmartCookie on 10-30-2007 01:02 PM
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice SmartCookie. You're living up to your name. Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks SmartCookie and Sylviatob - stay tuned....as the battle begins and the saga continues....
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.