Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOLEN Passport!!!! EEK

tag
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

STOLEN Passport!!!! EEK

So, my husband travels for work a lot. Last night, on his way back to the airport, he stopped for dinner in a crowded mall. When he returned to his rental car, someone had smashed the window and taken his computer bag. He lost his work laptop, work credit cards, work cell, car and house keys, our personal tablet, flash drives, other random items, and his PASSPORT!! 

I immediately set up fraud alerts, we cancelled the passport, signed up with LifeLock (not even sure if it's worthwhile-- but we got a free 30 day trial), and now we panic. It took us YEARS to get our credit decent, and now there's a very high possibility that someone can screw it all up.

What else can be done to protect ourselves?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: STOLEN Passport!!!! EEK

Sorry to here this ...make a police report ASAP if not done so already and Change your House locks to 

Message 2 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@credit-hunter wrote:

Sorry to here this ...make a police report ASAP if not done so already and Change your House locks to 

+100

I'm also sorry that this has happened. 

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 3 of 11
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

Believe it or not-- we got a phone call from a man who said he was a retired vet and had found the passport in the gutter. He is returning it to us now!! 

Yay!!!!

Message 4 of 11
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Awesome!

Should go without saying but meet in a public place.. 

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Thief most likely was concerned about possible federal charges and incarceration if caught with the passport......

Fed sentencing has no parole.

Message 6 of 11
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

How did he get your phone number? is it listed

Message 7 of 11
TraumaMomm2
Valued Member

That, I don't know.... unless he was the one that stole it to begin with. Since our phone number was in the cell that was also stolen. Not sure if it's on the passport

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just about everyones phone numbes, names and addresses are available online if you know where to look.

Most of the basic informaion is available for free, and you would be horrified what information is available about you for the right money.

Message 9 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

His passport does not have his social on it. So it's useless to worry of that. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.