Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUPID MISTAKE

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

STUPID MISTAKE

I made a very stupid mistake. I made a settlement with CA because of their FDCPA violations. They paid for my debt and gave me additional check for signature to their "release of claim" form. They deleted their tradeline (Thanks God). however, i forgot to include in the deal the conversion of HARD INQUIRY into SOFT INQUIRY (or have those inquiries deleted).

I am however asking the lawyer if they can convert it to soft inquiry. If they will say YES into converting HARD INQUIRY into SOFT INQUIRY, how much points will be given back to my CREDIT SCORE.

They made inquiries on JULY and AUGUST of this year.

Is it worth pursuing, or should I just leave it the way it is.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: STUPID MISTAKE

I would just leave it...inquiries decay rather quickly, and cease to have any effect on your score at all after a year.
Message 2 of 4
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Ditto.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
I would just leave it...inquiries decay rather quickly, and cease to have any effect on your score at all after a year.

Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or you could just milk them for all they're worth. Wouldn't hurt to have it converted. It probably has zero impact on you're score but if it's going to bother your piece of mind, throw the request in there.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.