cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUCESSS!!!! Persistence does pay off!!!!!

tag
bonddiva07
Valued Member

SUCESSS!!!! Persistence does pay off!!!!!

Just wanted to share a success story because I was inspired by a few of you about a week ago.  I have GWing like crazy to First National Bank of Omaha (a Visa account) for about a year now and they have turned me down every time.  Finally, I sent one last week and they finally accepted it and removed 3 late payments!!!! After a long year, all the persistence finally paid out!!!!  So this is a true example that GWs do work!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Re: SUCESSS!!!! Persistence does pay off!!!!!

Congrats Smiley Happy
Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bonddiva07 wrote:
Just wanted to share a success story because I was inspired by a few of you about a week ago.  I have GWing like crazy to First National Bank of Omaha (a Visa account) for about a year now and they have turned me down every time.  Finally, I sent one last week and they finally accepted it and removed 3 late payments!!!! After a long year, all the persistence finally paid out!!!!  So this is a true example that GWs do work!

How often did you send a GW letter and did you reference a reply from them, or just write a whole new letter, or did you just resend the same letter over and over?

I am just trying to find out what worked for you.

I have considered sending copies of previous letters and responses each time thus causing more time to be taken to read the letter and them realizing I was not giving up and to just give in.

Sorry but I am curious, but congrats on getting them to help on your GW.  I hope this is your last baddie but if it isn't you'll have a reason to push harder now.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bonddiva07 wrote:

What rationale did you use in your letters for why they should remove the late payments?

I have a few 30 day lates from like 5 years ago that are holding me back.
Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

GWs and PFDs: Bug 'em until they remove or they file a restraining order, whichever comes first.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep beatin the GW Drum, they eventually get tired of the noise!!!!   Robot tongue

Good Work  Congrats!!!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!! for you never say die GW letter attitude!!! I just had two drop off today and my scores are going up up up keep going you will have them all off in no time at all I call it the little engine that Could!

YeppieSmiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 9
bonddiva07
Valued Member

I sent a total of 4 letters, here is the time frame;  5/07, 10/07, 3/08, 4/08.  I just sent the same letter and said that I was working on restoring my credit worthiness and that I had paid off the balance in 10/07.  So that is what worked for me, I think they just took sympathy on me and saw that I was persistent to get this request granted.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a living proof that GW letter works.  I disputed a collection account with the all 3 credit reporting agencies and TransUnion deleted the file.  The other 2 refused to delete the collection account stating that is was accurate.  So I sent a GW letter to the originator and they responded via email stating:

"At our request (originator), she (CA) will be submitting for trade line to be removed completely from your credit report; however the process can take 60 to 90 days before the adjustment is reflective on your credit file." 

I am more than happy with the originators response to take action.  I thought about submitting the email to Experian and Equifax to see if this would speed up the process for removal.

But over all I believe in GW letters.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.