Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saks/BofA public records verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saks/BofA public records verification

I applied for a Saks card on line last night, After it submitted it asked me questions that were totally unrelated to my credit reports.  It asked me multiple choice questions about adresses and names and counties that I am not related at all to.  It looks like all the questions has to do with Oregon.  I lived there for 1 year more then 25 years ago.  One of the last names on a question was familiar (a person who worked with me 25 years ago). It seems these questions are the same as BofA asked me online as well, when I opened a checking account. BofA Declined me saying they could not prove my Identity, I already had a savings and checking account with them for the last 12 years. They told me to go in to a branch, I did and my account was open in around 5 minutes. At that time I left it alone, but now again it's happening, Does anybody know what company they use to verify public records, so I can clear this up,  I will call Saks on Monday as well.     Thanks 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Saks/BofA public records verification

look at the questions  some may not have anything to do with you. At the bottom of ??? you might see NONE. meaning nothing in the ? has to do with you.

You lived in another state...they know about it....I was asked a ? with a street name I had lived on 20 years ago. I almost missed it.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did answer no to these and BofA said they could not verify my identity because I answered them incorrectly, they would not tell me who they use, only they told me they use a third party to verify public records.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Several weeks ago aperson,in here, had the same problem with DELL or one of the PC places. When she talked to them she was told that it was the company that they hired to ask these stupid questions not DELL (who ever it was)

Call them & ask. If you don't get anywhere there is a recon letter that you can use.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-04-2007 08:59 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

trrrrt wrote:
I did answer no to these and BofA said they could not verify my identity because I answered them incorrectly, they would not tell me who they use, only they told me they use a third party to verify public records.

Pull all three of your credit reports and the one that they pulled from most likely has these
items on it, some questions are asked to trip you up and others are reported on your reports
granted they are probably incorrect but you need to see the reports and dispute or remove the
inacurate info..
I have a mess on mine as I have lived in 5 different states and had probably 20+ addresses or more
over the past 25 years...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.