Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae - Discrimination

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae - Discrimination

I feel like Sallie Mae is discriminating. I did EVERYTHING neccessary so my loan would not default yet they reported me late and will not remove it.

What do I do?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sallie Mae - Discrimination

bettercredit wrote:
I feel like Sallie Mae is discriminating. I did EVERYTHING neccessary so my loan would not default yet they reported me late and will not remove it.

What do I do?

Tell us exactly what happened.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae - Discrimination

You would need to know that to help me wouldnt you:-)

I checked my credit report a few months ago and learned Sallie Mae reported me 120 days late. I then contacted them.  The rep asked me to verify my address and when I did he said my address in the system was different. I then told him I called last year to update my address and to request a deferment for which the rep I spoke to them told me I didnt qualify for a deferment but I qualified for a forbearance (I thought they were the same). The rep also told me my address has been updated and my account had been placed in forbearance status leaving me six months free of payments until June. So when I saw that I was reported late in April I didnt understand. I told him that I hadn't received any statements in the mail and understood this to be because I was not in "repayment status" but now know its because my address wasn't updated in the system. He told me I would have to dispute the late dates on my account in order to get it removed so I did. I am now on my 3rd letter writing to Sallie Mae as I am NOT backing down because I did EVERYTHING right so I would not default. Why in the world would I allow my account to go (now) 150 days past due when its so easy to call and say I cant make the payments? What kind of sense does that make?!?! I have even faxed to them a credit report dated March 16 that states my account was in deferment until June 07 but they still refuse to correct the information. I am tired of Sallie Mae. What will correcting the information do to them...cost them money? Geez! Sallie Mae is up for a fight if they think I'm going to back down. I'm trying to  buy a home and this negative reporting has greatly affected me...so much that I am embarrassed to have my credit report pulled. They are very mean and rude to me when I call. Although there was 1 rep who was understanding after I stated the facts he thought the information should be corrected as well. But when I write these letters they send me letters back saying "NO WAY, NO HOW" basically. I am asking them to show proof of their investigation. They stated in their last letter that after their investigation it shows I didnt contact them in November to request a deferment. Well show me! Because honestly I did! I have no reason to lie!!! Honestly!

What should I do?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.