cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae GW Worked... Persistence Pays Off!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae GW Worked... Persistence Pays Off!

Congratulations! 

I'm hoping for similar results in a tl that I've been working on for weeks now. 
Message 11 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks all!

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW-
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani, that's terrific!

You're like one in a million....just a couple days ago I gave in to the Sallie Mae credit reporting battle! I have sent three letters and they just will not correct the information. Just like you I requested a forebearance (but I called in)......and I asked for an address change...for about 4 months I didnt receive anything in the mail and thought this was because I was in forbearance status. When I checked m y credit report I saw there they had reported me 120 days late! I was blown away thinking...this is utterly insane...who goes 120 days late with out calling/paying something and not to mention when they can get a deferment......I wrote to letter that came back denying retraction....my 3rd letter was sent to the Customer Advocacy Unit and they still said NO retration/update...she told me she would send me a credit reference letter! I just said ok...I'm tired...I HONESLT did everything I was suppose to, to prevent my account from going late and they wont even budge on updating the information...its almost like they want to make you suffer....well I am haveing to pay the consequences (which are high interest rates) because of a mistake their customer services rep mad when I requested the forebearance and address change....

Should I continue to worry about this reporting late even tho I'm about to consolidate my loans with Sallie Mae.

PS.....one of my credit reports showed when I was in deferment but they wont even take that into consideration...saying that was reported wrong...well so was there late payment info......what's the deal with sallie mae?!?!?
Message 14 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

bettercredit wrote:
Tuscani, that's terrific!

You're like one in a million....just a couple days ago I gave in to the Sallie Mae credit reporting battle! I have sent three letters and they just will not correct the information. Just like you I requested a forebearance (but I called in)......and I asked for an address change...for about 4 months I didnt receive anything in the mail and thought this was because I was in forbearance status. When I checked m y credit report I saw there they had reported me 120 days late! I was blown away thinking...this is utterly insane...who goes 120 days late with out calling/paying something and not to mention when they can get a deferment......I wrote to letter that came back denying retraction....my 3rd letter was sent to the Customer Advocacy Unit and they still said NO retration/update...she told me she would send me a credit reference letter! I just said ok...I'm tired...I HONESLT did everything I was suppose to, to prevent my account from going late and they wont even budge on updating the information...its almost like they want to make you suffer....well I am haveing to pay the consequences (which are high interest rates) because of a mistake their customer services rep mad when I requested the forebearance and address change....

Should I continue to worry about this reporting late even tho I'm about to consolidate my loans with Sallie Mae.

PS.....one of my credit reports showed when I was in deferment but they wont even take that into consideration...saying that was reported wrong...well so was there late payment info......what's the deal with sallie mae?!?!?

Try sending a letter to the address I listed. The reluctance to remove is not unique to Sallie Mae, rather the lenders requirement to follow the Higher Education Act.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing.  I was going through something like that with educational loan servicing.  But recently checked and it was automatically deleted off of my CR.  I hope it does not come back to haunt me since they never told me that they were going to delete it.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.