Regular Contributor
KDM

Re: Sallie Mae GW Worked... Persistence Pays Off!

Congratulations! 

I'm hoping for similar results in a tl that I've been working on for weeks now. 
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Thanks all!

Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

WOW-
Valued Member
bettercredit

Tuscani, that's terrific!

You're like one in a million....just a couple days ago I gave in to the Sallie Mae credit reporting battle! I have sent three letters and they just will not correct the information. Just like you I requested a forebearance (but I called in)......and I asked for an address change...for about 4 months I didnt receive anything in the mail and thought this was because I was in forbearance status. When I checked m y credit report I saw there they had reported me 120 days late! I was blown away thinking...this is utterly insane...who goes 120 days late with out calling/paying something and not to mention when they can get a deferment......I wrote to letter that came back denying retraction....my 3rd letter was sent to the Customer Advocacy Unit and they still said NO retration/update...she told me she would send me a credit reference letter! I just said ok...I'm tired...I HONESLT did everything I was suppose to, to prevent my account from going late and they wont even budge on updating the information...its almost like they want to make you suffer....well I am haveing to pay the consequences (which are high interest rates) because of a mistake their customer services rep mad when I requested the forebearance and address change....

Should I continue to worry about this reporting late even tho I'm about to consolidate my loans with Sallie Mae.

PS.....one of my credit reports showed when I was in deferment but they wont even take that into consideration...saying that was reported wrong...well so was there late payment info......what's the deal with sallie mae?!?!?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

bettercredit wrote:
Tuscani, that's terrific!

You're like one in a million....just a couple days ago I gave in to the Sallie Mae credit reporting battle! I have sent three letters and they just will not correct the information. Just like you I requested a forebearance (but I called in)......and I asked for an address change...for about 4 months I didnt receive anything in the mail and thought this was because I was in forbearance status. When I checked m y credit report I saw there they had reported me 120 days late! I was blown away thinking...this is utterly insane...who goes 120 days late with out calling/paying something and not to mention when they can get a deferment......I wrote to letter that came back denying retraction....my 3rd letter was sent to the Customer Advocacy Unit and they still said NO retration/update...she told me she would send me a credit reference letter! I just said ok...I'm tired...I HONESLT did everything I was suppose to, to prevent my account from going late and they wont even budge on updating the information...its almost like they want to make you suffer....well I am haveing to pay the consequences (which are high interest rates) because of a mistake their customer services rep mad when I requested the forebearance and address change....

Should I continue to worry about this reporting late even tho I'm about to consolidate my loans with Sallie Mae.

PS.....one of my credit reports showed when I was in deferment but they wont even take that into consideration...saying that was reported wrong...well so was there late payment info......what's the deal with sallie mae?!?!?

Try sending a letter to the address I listed. The reluctance to remove is not unique to Sallie Mae, rather the lenders requirement to follow the Higher Education Act.
Frequent Contributor
monro411

Thanks for sharing.  I was going through something like that with educational loan servicing.  But recently checked and it was automatically deleted off of my CR.  I hope it does not come back to haunt me since they never told me that they were going to delete it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}