Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same credit report, different documentation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same credit report, different documentation

This may not be the right forum, but I'm giving it a shot.  I have a copy of all of my credit reports, but lets use Equifax for example.  The EQ report from True Credit, My Fico and consumer report are supposed to be the same report?  Right.  Well, they're not.  There are subtle differences in each report, although they are all supposedly from EQ.  How do I know which one is correct and which one lenders see?  How could they all be labeled an Equifax report, yet there are very subtle differences, such as different account numbers, different recording of information [like status of account, payment history]?  What gives?  All reports are within 1 month of each other, so obviously balances could be different, but account numbers and the status should be the same, right?  Now I am truly dazed and confused.  This makes a difference when disputing inaccurate information.  It appears inaccurate on one version of the report, but another version of the supposedly same report is accurate.  I mean, I wouldn't want to dispute information that is accurate, but the inaccuracies in status reporting are significant enough that I need to know which report I am supposed to follow....Anyone????????
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Same credit report, different documentation

It is my understanding that Credit reports are literary a bunch of codes and text. The report you see is just that a Report of the data.

The representation of account status should be the most accurate with the one from the CBA itself. I have no explanation of the acct number differences though.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, I hear you, but if I pay for the Eq report from TC, Fico and a personal report, shouldn't they all be exactly the same?  Same account numbers and status?  It's odd....
Message 3 of 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

I do believe that some credit reports will jumble the account numbers, so others can't get your information. 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boswd wrote:
I do believe that some credit reports will jumble the account numbers, so others can't get your information. 

Correct.  And when you order your reports, if you are given the option "check here if you want only the last 4 digits of your SSN included on your report" ... do it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.