Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander Consumer USA

tag
kklblue5
Established Member

Santander Consumer USA

I just received an alert that Santander Consumer USA pulled a hard credit inquiry today.  I have never used them nor will i.  They are associated with Roadloans.com.

What do I do, how do I fight this.  

Do you have fraud alerts on your credit reports so nobody can run inquiries?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kklblue5
Established Member

Re: Santander Consumer USA

I called Santander they have no reference to my social security number at all.  I also filed a dispute with Experian stating that I did not apply for an auto installment loan and have never done business with them.  I now have an alert on file.  They are contacting Santander to resolve dispute I should know by April 28.  I also filed a complaint with the Texas Attorney General where the company is from.

Probably overkill, but this is not okay.

Message 2 of 11
kklblue5
Established Member

Experian performed world record results.  I already got my dispute back and the hard inquiry is removed. 

This is just BS that I have to go through.  I will leave my case with the Tx Attny Generals Office. 

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The obvious issue is WHY it was removed.

It could have simply been due to an admin or clerical error by the CRA or an inquiree who provided inaccurate info, such as transposing an SSN, or it could have been based on a knowingly improper statement of permissible purpose provided by Santander.

The former would not be basis for any improper inquiry by Santander, while the later might by basis for civil action under the provisions of FCRA 616(b).

What are the facts upon which the inquiry was found to be improper/inaccurate?

Message 4 of 11
kklblue5
Established Member

Experian did not give me a reason.  They said the results of your dispute are completed.   

I did not today or anytime this year apply for or ask for an auto loan from this company.   It was not me requesting a loan therefore its not correct.   I have been delibertly not giving my social out to anyone to avoid any unnecessary dings on my credit report.

All i know is I got an email alert about a new credit inquiry on an installment auto loan the inquiry was dated today.  Since I got the alart at 7 am this morning I knew it wasn't me. I have never heard of the company prior to today.  

I am just glad its gone and I put an alert on my credit report for now.

Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Great that it is now gone.

However, with an unresolved complaint pending with your state AG, they will likely need the answer to why the inquiry was removed in order to assess any possible violation on the part of the alleged inquiree, who may not even have been the actual inquiree if there was an admin error.

You might contact the CRA for additional info as to what was determined in their investigation procedure if you wish to persist in a claim of improper action by Santander.

Message 6 of 11
kklblue5
Established Member

I will do that.  I didn't think of it that way.  

Thank you!!!!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity have you been shopping for cars?
Message 8 of 11
kklblue5
Established Member

I have not been looking for a car.  I did find out that it appears I am a victim of identity theft.  Someone has my full name, DOB and SSN and applied for a home equity loan, auto loan and person installment loan with Lending Tree.  I received 3 calls on the home equity loan yesterday, one of them was nice enough to tell me where the info was originating from. 

I contacted Lending Tree and said that I have never applied for loan and to please remove me from their system.  Lending tree was very nice about it.  

All 3 of my credit bureaus have alerts now.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really dislike places other then banks asking for my SSN because it's too easy for things like above to happen. I'm very happy to hear that it was able to be solved sooner then later if fraud gets out of control it can ruin your life. Always keep an eye on your accounts and all CRA reports while it will not stop all fraud you can keep it under control also file a police report if you suspect someone you know has done it never let anyone get away with this everyone should get more tough on this kind of crime.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.