Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander LOC VS BBVA

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Santander LOC VS BBVA

Anybody have any insight as to which product is better?. A BBVA personal loan $35,000, (they send me mailers frequently.

Or a Santander LOC?. I know they're two different products but which one would you choose?.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Santander LOC VS BBVA

Well, typically the personal loan will have a lower interest rate than the LOC while the LOC is a little more versitle. Santander also has a personal loan with a similar interest rate compared to Compass. Both offer discounted rates for setting up auto debits from their bank to pay the loan. The Compass loan is up to $50k while Santander goes to $35k. Santander goes to 60 months as low as 6.99%. IIRC, Compass goes to a slightly higher rate for 60 months.Might want to double check that as it may be wrong. Compass did have a Simplified LOC product similar to Santander's with a similar higher interest rate compared to the personal loans but I can't find it since they updated their website recently (I hate the updated site, BTW). Hope that helps!

Message 2 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
Anybody have any insight as to which product is better?. A BBVA personal loan $35,000, (they send me mailers frequently.

Or a Santander LOC?. I know they're two different products but which one would you choose?.

I can't compare, but I do have 2 Santander LOC's and find them to be very useful.

I just use them when I need them, pay them back when I feel like it, and at present am paying an interest rate of 10.24%.

I personally prefer an LOC to a personal loan because of its flexibility. When you need the money it's there. You don't have to ask anybody, apply to anybody, do any paperwork, nothing. I just go online and transfer some money into my checking account. If I need some money today, I can get it. And if I feel like paying it back next week, no problem. I just pay interest for the days I had it out.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

SJ do you remember who Santander pulled for the LOC?. Also do you know if Santander offers a LOC in CA?.
Message 4 of 7
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Creditplz wrote:

I can't compare, but I do have 2 Santander LOC's and find them to be very useful.

I just use them when I need them, pay them back when I feel like it, and at present am paying an interest rate of 10.24%.

I personally prefer an LOC to a personal loan because of its flexibility. When you need the money it's there. You don't have to ask anybody, apply to anybody, do any paperwork, nothing. I just go online and transfer some money into my checking account. If I need some money today, I can get it. And if I feel like paying it back next week, no problem. I just pay interest for the days I had it out.

I app'd over the phone tonight.  Will keep you posted if i get approved...

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 5 of 7
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I called to apply and was told since I live in CA they can't offer me a LOC Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Creditplz wrote:
I called to apply and was told since I live in CA they can't offer me a LOC Smiley Sad

Sorry.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.