Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satisfaction of Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Satisfaction of Judgement

i bought a bus pass for my son using a check. it bounced and they didn't resubmit it to my bank when i asked them to. 2 months later, after I move, i get a summons... keep in mind i continued to buy bus passes for him via check each month. nice huh?

Message Edited by orhippychic on 10-12-2007 11:21 AM
Message 11 of 14
Boswd
Valued Contributor

ahh ok a bounced check.  Yeah they seem to fall into a whole other catogory in terms of debt collection.  
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I'm in the midst of a GW to that company because it still shows as a collection. hoping the $300 in fees i paid them will grease the skids a little bit. Smiley Indifferent
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, the original amount was $293. I went to the OC the day before the court date and paid that amount in full. I called the guy's attorney and told her that I paid it. She said basically that it wasn't good enough and she wanted another $160 for fees and agreed to give me a month to come up with it. I forgot about it and next thing I knew I was served with a writ of garnishment and they took it right out of my account.

So yeah, I got a judgment for a bill that I paid.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.