Established Member

Satisfied Judgment removed??

I recently paid a judgment (has since been removed from bureau miraculously and don't know how) and the law firm collecting the debt in passing and practically mumbling stated that a judgment and the original creditor cannot both appear on the credit report at the same time.

Is this true?
Established Contributor

Re: Satisfied Judgment removed??

essex wrote:
I recently paid a judgment (has since been removed from bureau miraculously and don't know how) and the law firm collecting the debt in passing and practically mumbling stated that a judgment and the original creditor cannot both appear on the credit report at the same time.

Is this true?

Happens all the time multiple accounts one from OC one from CA BOTH reporting... Count your blessings! Sounds like the court meant to report as paid and somehow it was deleted instead.

Rob
Established Member

once the accounts are placed for judgment, what should the original account status state? (Ex. account transfered to another lender,paid, paid collection, etc.) 

If I can help it, I don't want two dings for the same account.  as we all do, I want to increase my score and minimize any inaccuracies in my bureau.

thanks
Frequent Contributor

FICO_Focused wrote:

essex wrote:

Is this true?

Happens all the time multiple accounts one from OC one from CA BOTH reporting... Count your blessings! Sounds like the court meant to report as paid and somehow it was deleted instead.

Rob

What if the OC has a past due amount showing and the CA shows paid for the same account,
I have 7 disputes in for this issue alone..

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.