Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Difference????

tag
LCD328
Valued Member

Score Difference????

I recently signed up with Life lock because of the security breach into government employees personal information. With the protection of life lock,  you also get your credit bureaus credit scores. I subscribe to myfico.com and monitor my scores. Why is there a substantial difference in life lock scores and my fico? There is a 64 point difference less on the life lock score from experian than on my fico. Which is correct? Totally confused. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Difference????

Because its a FAKO score, not a real FICO. You will note that it is described as "your credit score" and not "your FICO score".

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Score Difference????

You should expect different scoring models to produce different results.  If you want to compare scores you need to be aware of the specific scoring model used.  However, you cannot use a score generated by one model to determine a score generated by a different model.  Even FICO has a number of different scoring models.  See also the Understanding FICO Scoring subforum and its stickies.

There isn't just one correct score.  Whatever score a given creditor pulls for you is what matters.  That creditor will not consider other scores.  That said, other creditors may use an entirely different score.  Instead of relying on oversimplifications such as real, fake, correct, accurate, etc think about scores in terms of relevance to a given creditor.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.