Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Increase?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Increase?!

What's the possibly (as in how high) my score will change (go up) when a delinquent account (student loans) is removed?....Delinquent for 150 days!

Not sure that anyone can give me an accurate number but just wondering....I'm hoping a jump of something like 50 - 100points...I figured because the affect of the account is so great then when its removed the score should increase greatly...probably doesn't work that way huh....
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Score Increase?!

What are your FICO scores now and how many baddies do you have on your report?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EQ FICO is 588...its increased by about 60 points in a month...(yes it was really low)....

I have a couple of baddies...my student loan account will come current to show no lates...its now very deliquent..wondering how much that will take my score up.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Think something really low, and then you'll be surprised when you get a bigger jump than expected.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont know who is managing your student loans however mine even though it is paid current know still shows the history of the 150 days late on my credit report
they are all paid current as of now and have been for two years and from what i seen on here they are the nicest at removing derogatory info from your credit reports
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my 4 SL's were deleted (with 26 lates less than a year ago) EX dropped 19 points.

I have lots of older and perfectly paid installment accounrts- so age or avg age should not have caused this.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.