Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Jump, couldnt stand it...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Jump, couldnt stand it...

Well I told myself that I would not pull myfico's again until mid October, but I couldnt stand it and had to pull them this morning. Nice Surprise as I saw increase in 2 out of 3 of the reports.
TU - Up 14pts from 584 to 598. Look out 600, here I come!!!!
EX - 661 This has stayed static over the last couple of weeks
EQ - Up 15pts from 641 to 656.

I attribute the rises to keeping utility low and no new activity to report.

Getting there...
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Jump, couldnt stand it...

Wonderful! Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
EX - 661 This has stayed static over the last couple of weeks

Mine has stayed static over the last couple of years Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine just jumped from 679 to 704......one 60 day late from Feb 06 was removed and my util actually went up while I'm waiting for my latest AMEX payment to post on the 2nd. I saw the same 25 points on TU when it was removed from there. EQ.....6 stinkin points. Go figure.
Message 4 of 7
Baybreeze
Valued Member

Congrats! I know that feeling...in August all my FICO's were 5-6 points shy of 700 and I am dying to look again to see if I've hit that mark yet!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

First time poster, long time lurker.  I just thought I would re-confirm that the things you learn here WILL HELP if you follow the advice.  I have a BK from my past ('00) and only fair credit since then.  I have managed to secure two mortgages since then but my scores have been low 600's.  I also had 3 baddies (besides the BK) that have popped up since then.  Utilizing what I have learned on this forum, I have been making changes.  First of all, I sent PFD letters to my collections.  Two are medicals that should have been paid by my previous employer.  One has not responded to date; the other deleted since the OC did not verify!

The real reason for the post....another voice for preaching what lower utilization %'s will do for you scores.  I have a WAMU card so I can see what my TU score (bankcard enhanced) is each month.  It has been fluctuating between 611 and 629 for a long time.  I had consolidated most of my CC debt using BT's on a new 0% card and paid it off before the intro period expired.  Then, I took out a HE loan and paid off all my and my DW's CC debt.  This lowered my util % from nearly 80% to zilch.  I still charge several hundred $'s a month, but PIF right before the statement date.  At no time to I let my util % exceed 5%.  The result, my score at TU has jumped to over 700!  If you wish to raise your scores, lower your revolving debt to below 9%.  GREAT THINGS HAPPEN....FAST    
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.