Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch, updating and name change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch, updating and name change

I recently purchased SW and I have several questions.

After years of not really using credit (after a period of time where I had screwed my credit), I am attempting to rebuild what is basically a thin file with 4 baddies on it. They are almost to the point of aging off my reports, though.

I got a Capital One secured card ($200 limit) in May and took out a "credit builder loan" from my credit union ($500), also in May. Both will report to all 3 bureaus. I understand it may take up to 2 statements for Cap One to start reporting.

I pulled my CRs on the 19th and EXP was reporting my loan, as well as my correct legal name (I had gotten married in the 5 years since I last had any credit). 

But as of today, neither TU or EQ are reporting my loan OR my correct name!!!!! From what I understand, SW is supposed to be monitoring my EQ for changes.

Do I need to contact the bureaus myself? Does it take THAT much longer to report to EQ and TU than to EXP? Is it EQ dropping the ball, or SW????

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Watch, updating and name change

And yes, I'm sure the credit union reports to them, as they made a HP on my EQ when we were discussing my credit building options!

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd give it a little time. Even when creditors update, they don't always update all on the same day....or rather the CRAs don't update the info given to them on the same day. And yes, SW will alert you to the new accounts once they report.

The name change is a YMMV. The CRAs base the name and address more off what the OCs/CAs give them over what you report to them. Some have changed their name only to have it changed back by the CRAs themselves. However, if your new credit has the correct info, then CapOne and the CU will update it for you automatically.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info...

I basically ignored my credit until now, so I'm learning new things every day in my quest to clean up my prior messes...better late than never I guess, eh?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.