Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Watch vs. EQ Credit Watch

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Watch vs. EQ Credit Watch

Okay, I am waiting for my very last collection to be removed and I am a member of score watch from myfico.  My EQ score is currently 644 according to myfico.  When I called Equifax, she said that 644 wasn't my score but she couldn't tell me what it was unless I bought the score or subscribed to their monitoring service, which I could immediately cancel.  So I subscribed and my fico score is 649!  WTH!?!? 

Any ideas why the score difference???  I MADE SURE it was FICO, not FAKO.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score Watch vs. EQ Credit Watch

Did you order a myFICO EQ FICO report via SW on the exact same day you ordered a report directly from EQ? Scores can change daily. Look at your report from EQ and your report from your SW pull and compare the two. 5 points isn't much and could have easily been due to changes in balances. The formula of FICO score is the same on both sites.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently don't have any credit cards but one I just opened that isn't reporting yet.  So changes in balance would only be on installment loans and those were just regular payments.  SW is supposed to monitor the credit score though, right?  Any change in credit score should be reflected.  I even waited for a couple of days before asking to see if it would "catch up" to the EQ website.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

SW does monitor your score every 7-10 days and will only alert you for any score change if your target score is set to equal your current score. That way if you get any changes in score, then you'll get alerted to it.

I haven't used CW, but the EQ score on myFICO doesn't automatically update either, unfortunately. It's some sort of kink in the system. However, if yo ugot any score alerts, you'll see that new score reflected within your SW graph via myFICO.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have it set to immediately notify me of any increase and i log on to look at it several times a week.  I guess I'm going to cancel it because it isn't doing what I thought it was supposed to -- alert me when my score rises.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.