Date Paid: 
02/2009 
Loan Type: Charge Account
Remark: 
Account closed by credit grantor
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   01/2013

Here's the TL from the MYFICO TU report, 4/2:

Charge Account Macys Department Stores

Status as of [?] Mar, 2009 Date opened [?] Dec, 1996 Date of last activity [?] Feb, 2009 Date paid out [?] Feb, 2009 Date closed [?] Mar, 2009 Account number [?] XXXXXXXXX Loan type [?] Charge Account Credit limit [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] $326 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Revolving Account Account holder [?] Individual Account Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported
Descriptions [?]
  • Canceled by credit grantor
Contact Information [?]
3039 Cornwallis Rd
Durham, NC 27709
Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $0 Payment after charge off/collection $0 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

Message 11 of 20
Journey
Regular Contributor

Re: Score difference???

Sidewinder?  Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Journey wrote:

Hey Sidewinder!

Thanks for not forgetting about me!

Here's the TL from the online TU report, 3/21:

DSNB/MACYS ACCT #

9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON , OH 45040-8999
(800) 659-6229 

Balance: 
$0  
Date Updated: 
03/2009  
High Balance: 
$326 
Past Due: 
$0 
Pay Status: 
>Payment After Charge Off/Collection<  
Account Type: 
Revolving Account  
Responsibility: 
Individual Account  
Date Opened: 
12/1996 
Date Closed: 
03/2009 
Date Paid: 
02/2009 
Loan Type: Charge Account
Remark: 
Account closed by credit grantor
Estimated date that this item will be removed:   01/2013

Here's the TL from the MYFICO TU report, 4/2:

Charge Account Macys Department Stores

Status as of [?] Mar, 2009 Date opened [?] Dec, 1996 Date of last activity [?] Feb, 2009 Date paid out [?] Feb, 2009 Date closed [?] Mar, 2009 Account number [?] XXXXXXXXX Loan type [?] Charge Account Credit limit [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] $326 Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Revolving Account Account holder [?] Individual Account Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported
Descriptions [?]
  • Canceled by credit grantor
Contact Information [?]
3039 Cornwallis Rd
Durham, NC 27709
Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $0 Payment after charge off/collection $0 Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times Worst Delinquency [?] None Reported The Worst Delinquency reports the worst missed payment status that has been documented on this account. Your FICO® score evaluates how recently that missed payment occurred and in general, the more recent, the more impact it has on your score. However, the fact that it occurred is still predictive of future payment risk and could be considered by your FICO® score.

When you pulled your TU report before the score change, was that the date reported? I almost bet that is where your score drop came from.

Message 13 of 20
Journey
Regular Contributor

Hey Sidewinder,

Previous TU reports show no "Date Closed," but do show the following statement: "Account closed by credit grantor."

I'm sure your tired of my questions by now, but...  Smiley Happy

If that is what triggered the "Most recent late pymt happened in the last 30 days," then to me that is false reporting. Is there *anything* I can do about this? Can I dispute the date closed? What if I cannot recall the actual date closed, but I know it had to be several years ago...could go back and dig up an old TU report and use that date if it still shows the statement above?

I just find it curious that paying the acct increased my EQ score and dropped my TU score....

EDIT: Checked EQ and EX reports...neither show a date closed, but both show the acct closed, even checked a EX report from 10/08.

What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Message Edited by Journey on 04-08-2009 07:09 PM
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start by contacting the creditor and asking if they can tell you when the date closed actually was. Don't mention false reporting or anything like that.

Then contact TU to have the date fixed.

Message 15 of 20
Journey
Regular Contributor

I will contact them.

By have it fixed, do you mean dispute on the basis of that error? Or are you suggesting I simply call them and request the correction?

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date closed needs to be changed back to the correct date.

Message 17 of 20
Journey
Regular Contributor

Sorry...I know what you mean by fix. I wasn't clear...what I am asking is how to go about fixing it. Should I do it formally as a dispute, or would you suggest I just call TU?

Thanks!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can ask the creditor to fix-- that would be the easiest way. But don't ask them to fix until you get something from them stating what the closed date should be, if you can. Or at least get a verbal from them what the closed date should be and the name/id number of who told you.

If they won't, then you can dispute.

Message 19 of 20
Journey
Regular Contributor

Hey Sidewinder!

I just wanted to say thanks for sticking in there with me and helping me figure this out...even the CSR at MyFICO wasn't as helpful as you!

I called Macy's this morning (and wrote down the name of the lady I spoke with), and she confirmed that it was closed in 07. She told me to fax a request letter to the recovery dept and they would change it. While I had her on the phone, I reqeusted a GW deletion since they had already mailed me a new card, but she said she couldn't do that, only the recovery ppl could. She was very nice, and suggested that I include my GW request in my fax letter.

Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP....Thank you so much for all your help! MyFICO is helping me get ready to buy a house for my kids and I next year!  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.