Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score difference?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score difference?

I am signed up, directly through Equifax, for a plan that allows unlimited reports/scores and notifies me of any changes at all 3 bureaus. A few weeks ago (the same day I bought a new car) I pulled my scores and they were EQ/778 EX/792 TU/791. I decided to use Ford's in-house financing to take advantage of $2,500 in rebates, as their rates were very competitive with my CU. Anyhow, when the finance manager pulled my FICO, EQ reported 812. My question is, why did EQ report a 778 when I ran it myself, and less than an hour later the finance manager get an 812? It's not a big deal, but considering I'm spending $16/mo for this service, I would like to get the correct numbers. Any insight here will be much appreciated. Hope everyone has a great day! Thanks, Thomas.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Score difference?

EQ may have been a true FICO score but the other 2 are not.  They are what are called FAKO scores.  EX has not sold their FICO to the consumer since 09 and it appears that TU no longer does either.

Auto dealers normally use what is called an Auto Enhanced score.  This may or may not vary from your other score.

3 in 1 reports are good for monitoring your CR but not to buy scores.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score difference?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am signed up, directly through Equifax, for a plan that allows unlimited reports/scores and notifies me of any changes at all 3 bureaus. A few weeks ago (the same day I bought a new car) I pulled my scores and they were EQ/778 EX/792 TU/791. I decided to use Ford's in-house financing to take advantage of $2,500 in rebates, as their rates were very competitive with my CU. Anyhow, when the finance manager pulled my FICO, EQ reported 812. My question is, why did EQ report a 778 when I ran it myself, and less than an hour later the finance manager get an 812? It's not a big deal, but considering I'm spending $16/mo for this service, I would like to get the correct numbers. Any insight here will be much appreciated. Hope everyone has a great day! Thanks, Thomas.

I agree with guiness that the lender may have pulled a FICO Auto Enhanced Score but it sounds like you bought the "Equifax Complete" product from the EQ website. If so then none of those scores are FICO scores. Several months ago Equifax rolled out their own proprietary "Equifax credit score" which is not based on FICO scoring formulas.

In fact there is no 3 in 1 monitoring service that sells FICO scores.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at www.transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. At www.equifax.com EQ will still sell you an EQ FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.