Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score discrepancies. ..

tag
ayles
Established Contributor

Score discrepancies. ..

Myfico as of today: 655 (first time obtained)

Discover IT as of Dec 11th: 

640 (first time obtained since its the first statement)

Credit karma as of today: 632

Walmart as of Dec 3rd: 642 (dropped 25 points since last statement ugh but on the bright side I started at 625 in June so there's hope!

)

Which one is the most accurate?! 

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score discrepancies. ..

@ayles wrote:

Walmart as of Dec 3rd: 642 (dropped 25 points since last statement ugh but on the bright side I started at 625 in June so there's hope!

)

Walmart = Discover: TU '08.  For my money it's the best out of the ones you listed.

MyFICO: TU '98.  It's a little dated and few lenders use it and those numbers are dwindling for that matter.

Credit Karma: ignore the score and the advice they give you - it's junk frankly.  

Sadly what I consider to be the most relevant Transunion score: TU '04, we can't get except on a mortgage application and I've heard from LendingClub applications (I haven't confirmed that); however, a majority of CC's for example are now either '08 or '08 Bankcard, and as a result the '08 scores out of the ones you listed will trend the best with the exception of mortgages and auto loans (can't get auto enhanced at all sans auto loan application from any bureau).

        
Message 2 of 3
ayles
Established Contributor

Re: Score discrepancies. ..

@Revelate wrote:

@ayles wrote:

)

Walmart = Discover: TU '08.  For my money it's the best out of the ones you listed.

MyFICO: TU '98.  It's a little dated and few lenders use it and those numbers are dwindling for that matter.

Credit Karma: ignore the score and the advice they give you - it's junk frankly.  

Sadly what I consider to be the most relevant Transunion score: TU '04, we can't get except on a mortgage application and I've heard from LendingClub applications (I haven't confirmed that); however, a majority of CC's for example are now either '08 or '08 Bankcard, and as a result the '08 scores out of the ones you listed will trend the best with the exception of mortgages and auto loans (can't get auto enhanced at all sans auto loan application from any bureau).

@Revelate wrote:

@ayles wrote:

)

Thanks! Thats helpful! 

Current scores: myFICO: 670/TU(Wal): 664/TU(Dis): 659 (Goal: 700)
Last app: 1/3/2014; (Prayerfully!) gardening until: 7/3/2014

~I'm living for an audience of One!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.