Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score down

How is this possible?

My Trans Union score went from a 743 to a 729 in just a few days. The only thing that changed was my auto payment was applied.

It says "Seeking new credit" but the inquiries and accounts are the same as the last pull.  How is this??????
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score down

my EX went down and showed it was because I had an increase on CC of 00%  go figure. and I had paid down on same CC.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a credit lines totaling $4,000 But, I only owe $70. This is one I really don't understand.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not worry too much about this is the short run.  Some people's scores go down when a new account is applied, others see their scores go up.  The wonder that is FICO.

After a few months of on time payments your score will rebound and go then probably surpass what is was.

No worries.......Smiley Wink

At least not yetSmiley Very Happy

-trini
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine went down when my new card was added 4 pts and 22 for overlimit ...
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I could understand if there was a new account added. But, there is none. The ONLY difference between the two pulls is that my auto payment was applied. No new inquiries, no new accounts, no new lates, no new collections, no new etc...

This one really has me confused more than anything else. Both scores are still in the "very good" range. Any lower and I might be concerned.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

billiards wrote:
I could understand if there was a new account added. But, there is none. The ONLY difference between the two pulls is that my auto payment was applied. No new inquiries, no new accounts, no new lates, no new collections, no new etc...

This one really has me confused more than anything else. Both scores are still in the "very good" range. Any lower and I might be concerned.

Ah! I think I get it now.  I read it wrong, I thought you said that an account was applied.....sorry.
Well this is classic FICO, I had the same thing happen to me, but it was only a 2 pt. loss.    The only explanation that seemed to make sense, kinda sorta, was that I had somehow moved into a new bucket in the credit pool, which I took to mean: "it only gets better from here"  (here's hoping)

Not saying this is what happened in your case, but it  could be. 

A wise person once wrote something like this on these forums: "undertanding FICO is an oxymoron".

Which I have found to be true.  Watch and see what happens over the next few months.

-trini
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool! Maybe this means I'll have even more telemarketers calling me at all hours of the day and night trying to sell me something or get me deeper in debt.

Just out of curriosity, How many here like to have fun with the telemarketers? What do you do to them?

I had one call the other day saying that the factory warranty was about to expire on my car and that I was "pre-qualified" for an extention. When the girl ask what the year, model and make of my car was, I replied, "1972 Chevrolet Nova."

After a long pause, the girl came back asking if I had any newer vehicles than that. "Nope" I said. To which, she hung up on me.

That one was fun.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

billiards wrote:
Cool! Maybe this means I'll have even more telemarketers calling me at all hours of the day and night trying to sell me something or get me deeper in debt.

Just out of curriosity, How many here like to have fun with the telemarketers? What do you do to them?

I had one call the other day saying that the factory warranty was about to expire on my car and that I was "pre-qualified" for an extention. When the girl ask what the year, model and make of my car was, I replied, "1972 Chevrolet Nova."

After a long pause, the girl came back asking if I had any newer vehicles than that. "Nope" I said. To which, she hung up on me.

That one was fun.

LOL, you're hilarious!  No, I have not heard from a telemarketer in ages, I wonder if they've gotten wind of my pathetic credit score.........hmmmmSmiley Indifferent
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I'm going to start a new thread and I want everyone to tell their funny telemarketer/collection stories.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.