cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score dropped 33 points in less then a week since I joined Score Watch!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score dropped 33 points in less then a week since I joined Score Watch!!!

I joined score watch on 10/29/09. I checked my score today 11/2/09 and its 33 points LOWER then when I started!!!

Everything looks exactly the same. I haven't closed or opened any accounts. I haven't done anything different!! I don't understand!

I am in the process of trying to clean up my credit and this is a definite BLOW to the self esteem. I've sent out all the disputes and am waiting for the CRA's to get back to me with their findings. I didn't expect the score to go up drastically but I CERTAINLY didn't expect it to drop 33 points!

How do I figure out what happened???

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: Score dropped 33 points in less then a week since I joined Score Watch!!!

Hi, I know when there are disputes on your cr and it states (information disputed by consumer) your score drops.  I have been through this once before and as the comments came off,  my score came back up and I am curently going through this same senario again now on 2 on my credit reports one for TU and EQ and same comments information disputed by consumer was placed on my reports and the joke of it is I never placed a dispute on this particular charge off account that was charged off over 4 years ago and currently my two scores have dropped recently because of this as of tommorow I have to call and in a sense kind of demand to have those comments removed.  So all I can say since you said no items on your cr have changed wait until your disputes are finalized and make sure those comments are removed and you should see your scores increased.  Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score dropped 33 points in less then a week since I joined Score Watch!!!

Financial components within any disputed OC account are removed from scoring. Sounds like some of the accounts you disputed are helping you more than hurting. I'd wait for the dust to settle and the disputes to end and then pull a score again to see what the change is, if any.

ETA....slow typer here.

Message Edited by llecs on 11-02-2009 10:42 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.