cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score for Best Buy or Circuit City Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score for Best Buy or Circuit City Card?

Does anyone know what Best Buy or Circuit City uses for their cards? EQ TU or EX and what is the score you need to get a card. I really want a laptop howwever trying to get it on credit.
Thanks...
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Score for Best Buy or Circuit City Card?

Try Dell Financing.  Best Buy is HSBC, we have the card and dh's score at that time was around 660 for a 3100 limit.  One thing about HSBC...don't be more than a couple days late or the calls begin.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

is Dell hard to get my score is only 505

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are not going to give you a CL to get a laptop with a 505.

Have you tried Craigslist.com for a used one?

@Anonymous wrote:
is Dell hard to get my score is only 505

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

no, but do you think it is safe to get one from there, or would EBAY be better
Message 5 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

If you need one bad and you can pay cash, Dell takes Paypal and you can get a refurb for less.  I'd wait till after the holidays when you might get a better price.

Craigslist has honest people and cooks... just like anywhere else.

Check into your local freecycle organizations.  You might wind up with one for free.  Again, honest people and cooks.  Definitely worth trying though... and be sure to give if you take.

But if you can hold out and there is something specific you are aiming to get, pound away at your report repairs and maybe you can get credit with Dell or BB in a few months.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 6 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I would try eBay...BUT pay with a CC using paypal so you're covered if there's an issue.  Dell has excellent prices on refurbished like Smart Cookie said.  I bought my niece's notebook there and it rocks (new) for $800, so refurbished you're looking at about $600 or less for a nice one.

Sell some of your unused junk on eBay and use that toward one.

Message 7 of 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

fishbjc wrote:
I would try eBay...BUT pay with a CC using paypal so you're covered if there's an issue.  Dell has excellent prices on refurbished like Smart Cookie said.  I bought my niece's notebook there and it rocks (new) for $800, so refurbished you're looking at about $600 or less for a nice one.

Sell some of your unused junk on eBay and use that toward one.

Very, very good point.  ALWAYS pay with a credit card on eBay so you are doubly protected, first by their Paypal dispute system, then by being able to do a chargeback on your CC.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know what Best Buy or Circuit City uses for their cards? EQ TU or EX and what is the score you need to get a card. I really want a laptop howwever trying to get it on credit.
Thanks...

I applied for the BB store card(not the M.C.)online November 11. Got instant approval with $2,500 cl.

My FICO scores of 11/02/07:
TU: 648
EXP: 642
EQ: 651
Message 9 of 10
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy always has laptops for $399 this time of year the only thing is that there either compaq or toshiba not sure how you feel about those brands but it might be worth looking into.  I have had mine from them for 3 years now bought a service plan with it and if anything happens they take care of it.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.