cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase....Nov 2006 = 584.....Sept 2007 = 749!!!! Thanks everyone!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increase....Nov 2006 = 584.....Sept 2007 = 749!!!! Thanks everyone!!

Well, I just thought i would post a big thank you to everyone.  I mostly just read everyone's experiences and apply what i need to improve my credit. 

The steps i took to improve my credit were:
1.  At 584, sent off GW letters
2. Set up automatic pay on almost all of my bills (dont want to risk any late payments)
3.  Set a budget and began working on utilization (Budget is the key to all things)
4.  As score increased, didnt apply for a bunch of cards but waited for the right time.
5. Approved for 11,400 AMEX blue cash (received a CLI at activation), 12,500 NFCU Plat Visa (will ask for a CLI in 6 months or so) and 5,200 Hooters (will ask for a CLI in around 6 months or so) in August 2007.
6.  Now that i have my Fav 3, i put my credit rebuilding cards ( 2x HSBC and 1 x Wash Mut) in the sock drawer (use maybe once every 6 months), with low CL and med to high APR these cards helped me rebuild my credit but are not needed anymore.  With no annual fees i will just let them all age.  The only card i canceled was Cap 1, with a $49 annual fee, i just didnt need it anymore. 
7.  Keep utilization around 10%
8.  Still sending GW letters to those who didnt respond, also disputed accounts with CRAs.
9.  Monitor score daily through various websites, watch score continue to improve and be merry!
10. Goal, finally buy my house.

Well i babbled enough.  I just wanted to show to anyone with a low score that all things are possible.  Just keep at it and your efforts will eventually show!

Robo 
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score increase....Nov 2006 = 584.....Sept 2007 = 749!!!! Thanks everyone!!

Nice job. 165 points.

I was at 480 in Nov still about 70 points behind you.
Looks like I have a pretty good chance for a 200 points in 1 year.
Message 2 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well done!!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amazing! WTG!! Lots of good news again in the forums!
Message 4 of 25
Heartbreaker
Valued Member

Wow!  Congratulations to both of you!  Timothy - mind sharing your 'plan of attack' as well?  I'm in the mid 550's right now and am trying to bring mine up as quickly as is realistically possible!  Congrats again!!!
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying really hard to increase my scores.

I have read the example letters to get my paid accounts removed off my credit. The letters speaks more about credit card accounts. I have old Medical Accts that I would like to have deleted before the 7 yr limit. Any Suggestions ?

Please Respond.
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Heartbreaker wrote:
Wow! Congratulations to both of you! Timothy - mind sharing your 'plan of attack' as well? I'm in the mid 550's right now and am trying to bring mine up as quickly as is realistically possible! Congrats again!!!

539 was my low score and I'm now 640, 674 and 679 since June. Lots of disputes, PFDs, GWs, threats, headaches, tears and yelling.........of course patience would be better for you Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 25
blauthsp
New Contributor

Wow! Great job!
12/29/13 - EQ 580 EX 540 TU 578 (Here we go again!)
04/10/08 - EQ 618 EX 612 TU 633
10/23/07 - EQ 559 EX 611 TU 544
08/24/07 - EQ 490 EX 485 TU 502
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scorpio1 wrote:

I have read the example letters to get my paid accounts removed off my credit. The letters speaks more about credit card accounts. I have old Medical Accts that I would like to have deleted before the 7 yr limit. Any Suggestions ?

Please Respond.

Hello everyone, thanks for all the words of encouragement!

Scorpio,

which goes to the thread on the boards that refer to the GW letters are mostly just the standard format.  Just manipulate the letter with what you need.  Every GW letter will be different, modified to reflect the reason you are sending it.  Make it flow and have someone proof read it and then send em off.

If you like, do a write up and PM it to me and i will try to help you make it sound good and we can go from there.  I am currrently in Iraq so i get on here at different times of the day but if you need any help just PM or even post on the boards and i am sure you will get responses quickly enough.

Robo

Robo

Message 9 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Scorpio1 wrote:

Please Respond.

Are these medical accounts collections? If yes, are they paid and how old are they?
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.