cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score increase when something drops off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score increase when something drops off?

I have a satisfied judgement that should be dropping off in April of '08. Will I see a bump in my FICO score? If this has happened to you, what were the results?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score increase when something drops off?

Depends... keep in mind that any score drop would be shortlived.
Message 2 of 5
notmyname
Regular Contributor

bump
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may see a short climb, but I'd have to agree it's possible there may not be a change at all in the score because the decrease may have been short-lived.

The positive change in the drop-off is going to be in a manual review. When creditors pull your report and there isn't any delinquency or charge-off on file, it will certainly benefit you.
Message 4 of 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I have posted this before, but here goes.  DW and I have 6 CRs between us.  Two of hers and one of mine have a 6.5 year old collection on them (should not be there, long story).  The 3 reports that do not have the collection average 88 points higher (range of 17 points for the high three, range of 33 points for the low three).

Now I know that a 6.5 year old collection is not worth 90 points (in theory), but the scores are the scores.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.