Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score question and corrections

tag
rredstick9
Valued Member

Score question and corrections

I had an account with chase.  It was closed at their request however it shows paid on time.  They offered to completely remove the file from my reports.  Would that matter if they closed the account or I did?  WIll that make a difference with my score?  If so I can have them change it or remove it. 

Thanks for the guidance. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Score question and corrections

e
@rredstick9 wrote:

I had an account with chase.  It was closed at their request however it shows paid on time.  They offered to completely remove the file from my reports.  Would that matter if they closed the account or I did?  WIll that make a difference with my score?  If so I can have them change it or remove it. 

Thanks for the guidance. 

Hi there. If the account is in good standing then I would leave it alone. As long as it reports it's helping your AAoA (Average Age of Accounts) and credit length history.

Also it doesn't make any difference whether you closed it or they did.

Edited for yet one more dumb typo.

Message 2 of 4
rredstick9
Valued Member

ok good thank you!

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

As for scoring, I agree that who or how it was closed does not affect scoring.

Howver, closed by creditor carries an implication of problems with the account.  Upon a manual review, it might have significance to a potential creditor.

Currently paid is simply a snapshot of current status, and does not mean an absence of prior derogs.  What old derogs were reported?

If their are any derogs over 30 days, I would lean towards deletion unless it has a substantial age.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.