Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score simulator?

tag
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

Re: Score simulator?

that is sweet. I got to get that Utli down. You guys really had a big jump. Gives me faith ha ha. Thanks again
3/04/2008: TU 555 EQ 532 EX 581
9/25/2014: TU 563 EQ 691 EX 655

Cards: CO 1500CL, CO 500CL CU 5,000CL
Message 11 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

I have one credit card with a reported util at just over 50%.  I ran the simulator to see what my score would be if it was paid below 40% (which it will be next month) and the simulator stated the my score would have a change range between no change and +20 points which isn't very accurate given the facts here.

I could undertsand that if I had 2 CC with balances that it might be difficult for the Score Simulator to predict the change in score since it would depend on how much I applied to which card(s) but I have only ONE card with a balance.

I wonder if the simulator doesn't  know I only have ONE card with a balance on it and just it looks at the total CLs and the total oustanding balance.

The problem is that I have 0% for over one more year interest on my CC balance and I only want to pay enough off the card to get my TU and EX scores over 760 so I can get the "well qualified finace" rate on a new car loan and use the rest of the money to put down on the car.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bigger change when you go under 30% Marty-

You are going to need to crunch the numbers to see what would be the better move-

I think you will get 15 points-

marty56 wrote:
I have one credit card with a reported util at just over 50%.  I ran the simulator to see what my score would be if it was paid below 40% (which it will be next month) and the simulator stated the my score would have a change range between no change and +20 points which isn't very accurate given the facts here.

I could undertsand that if I had 2 CC with balances that it might be difficult for the Score Simulator to predict the change in score since it would depend on how much I applied to which card(s) but I have only ONE card with a balance.

I wonder if the simulator doesn't  know I only have ONE card with a balance on it and just it looks at the total CLs and the total oustanding balance.

The problem is that I have 0% for over one more year interest on my CC balance and I only want to pay enough off the card to get my TU and EX scores over 760 so I can get the "well qualified finace" rate on a new car loan and use the rest of the money to put down on the car.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going to take my one card down from 90% to about 2% next month when I get my bonus.  Any guesses on the jump?
Message 14 of 15
marty56
Super Contributor

I will be at < 30% by April.  If I can get TU & EX to 760+ by the Spring/Summer that would be great.  In the summer, My 120 day late for BofA will be 3 years old so maybe I will get something for that.

I might by one of the few people who have a 120 day late on my CR yet whose scores are above 760.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.