New Visitor

Score took a huge hit

My Fico score took a huge hit from 683 to 630 due I think to running two of my credit cards up to 90% of their credit limit in one month, which I rarely ever do..I pay all of my credit cards/car loan on time every month, yet I understand the computer doesn't know if on this occasion I will run up more...so they hit me hard...My question is how long will I sit at 630? Will it go back up when they see that both cards have been paid in full,on time and that my charges to credit available has been reduced back to less then 25/30% of total credit OR, will I have to wait months to slowly go back up?
Regular Contributor

Re: Score took a huge hit

Don't worry; after a month, your FICO score should be back up to around 690 since you paid down your 90% utilization of your credit card debt.  It will NOT take several months...
New Visitor

Re: Score took a huge hit

Thanks, you've made me feel a lot better. I had just recently received a small credit increase from Bank Of America and paid off an arrears in full on child support which is now over and completed....neither not yet reflected on my credit report but should help when posted...I almost fell off my chair when I got the alert yesterday telling me I lost some 50 points....it ruined my weekend....anyway, thanks for your answer...
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.